[Mini/Midi] unde 11kicking rules

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
well, we're back to whether the wording is deliberate or a bit of a cock-up with no consideration as to the impact of the possibly incorrect wording.

Does this mean then (cos the rule looks quite explicit after all) that PKs are awarded at u11 only for foul play?

and one has to ask what in effect the difference is - aside from free kicks cannot gain ground direct to touch.

And I wonder how many coach-refs actually award PKs anyway for offisde?

didds

Last edited:

Dan_A

Player or Coach
Post Likes
well, we're back to whether the wording is deliberate or a bit of a cock-up with no consideration as to the impact of the possibly incorrect wording.

Does this mean then (cos the rule looks quite explicit after all) that PKs are awarded at u11 only for foul play?

From the link earlier in the thread, the u11 rules now only have free pass and free kick offences. There is no mention of penalties.

I agree that it's probably just an unintended consequence rather than a deliberate thing.

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Didds no foul play is a free kick. There are NO penalties in the new U11 laws.

"Free kick
a) After the following infringements a free kick will be awarded to the
non-offending team:
i. Foul Play ..."

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
cheers camquin

so - pureky for academic interest - do we then think that the terminology used ie "free kick" as a deliberate one ie it IS a FK and so no gain in ground for a direct kick to touch (oputside of 22) and turnover of throw? Or its a mistake and the wording "free kick" is a hangover from earlier age groups (when such a touch kick tactic is not available) and hasn;t been thought through wrt whether it shoud be a penalty kick, as per the "full" game?

didds

didds