[Junior] under 11 kicking rules 9d and e

mbg1

Post Likes
I assume the law is correct but it seems odd and will drive watching parents nuts where a knock-on is always assumed as a turnover of possession. So just want to confirm i understand law 9d & e correctly in the U11 transitional rules:
d) Other than from a restart, a free kick or charge down, if from a kickthe ball is played in flight by a player of the non-kicking team andknocked forward, a scrum will be awarded to the non-kicking team​
from where the ball is touched.

e) If from a kick the non-kicking team plays the ball and it goesbackward, advantage can be played to the non-kicking team. Whereno advantage is gained a scrum should be awarded to the non​
kicking
team.
So if the non-kicking team knocks on when trying to catch the ball they are awarded the scrum? This goes against the normal rules where a knock-on always gives the other team the put-in ... then reading on to 9e if they drop it backwards you play advantage and if there is no advantage then the non-kicking team still gets the scrum. So is this trying to stop teams kicking the whole time (And encouraging kids to have a go at catching on the full) as the chances are if you kick you will either lose possession as the ball is caught and played by the opposition, or even if they knock it on they will still get the put-in to the scrum, or knock it back and they either get possession or the put-in if not.

If the ball bounces first from the kick, and then gets knocked on when a non-kicking player tries to play it, I assume that is not "in flight" per 9d so you give a normal knock on with put-in to opponents. But 9e doesn't mention in flight so if its bouncing and gets knocked backwards and there is no advantage do you still give the scrum to the non-kicking team that knocked it back? thanks for any advice on the thinking behind, and application of, this rule!