Unusual Incidents

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
I always wear two watches.
I always have a spare whistle in my pocket.
I always have two or three pencils.
I always go into the changing rooms and ask to look at the shirts before I decide what to wear, because even of they tell you it's one colour, it can end up being predominantly another colour.
Yup.
Three pencils on me. Twenty in the sheds
Two watches on me, one in the sheds
Two scorecards on me, twelve in the sheds.
When I was in the States, I took 4 shirts with me.
Two pairs of boots.

Old habits are hard to break.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
My game on Saturday blue team conceded 14 points from poor law knowledge

1 blue kicked into touch inside red 22m, red winger takes a QTI and passes to red 15 in loads of space, so they manage to attack the whole length of the pitch and score... because : blues original kick had bounced off a hoarding and a number of blue players decided not to bother defending, but instead appeal to me that the QTI shouldn't be allowed

2 later in the game blue ended up with a ruck close to their own line. They built a caterpillar, and worked the ball gradually backwards, until the ball actually reached their own goal line .. at which point they were astonished when a red player ran in and touched it down

Just goes to show, even at grass roots, it good to know the Laws

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Ye Gods with #2.
TBH #1 doesnt surprise me - after all we have refs on here debating what is and isnt "on" for a QTI, and disagreeing. eg what if that hoarding was mobile and wasnt there in the first half but was moved for the seond half 9as discussed before).

Stu10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
My game on Saturday blue team conceded 14 points from poor law knowledge

1 blue kicked into touch inside red 22m, red winger takes a QTI and passes to red 15 in loads of space, so they manage to attack the whole length of the pitch and score... because : blues original kick had bounced off a hoarding and a number of blue players decided not to bother defending, but instead appeal to me that the QTI shouldn't be allowed

2 later in the game blue ended up with a ruck close to their own line. They built a caterpillar, and worked the ball gradually backwards, until the ball actually reached their own goal line .. at which point they were astonished when a red player ran in and touched it down

Just goes to show, even at grass roots, it good to know the Laws

I'm confused why you've posted this in a thread called "unusual incidents" :unsure: 😜

Stu10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
didnt we discuss this elsewhere ?

ah yes...

Aphrodite007

Referees in England
Post Likes
The referee is none other than formal international referee Malcolm Changleng! He was a touch judge at Rugby World Cup 2007

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
NP Stu ... I thought I was going doolalley at first cos I couldnt remember where id seen it! LOL