Wal v Sco - non-players on the pitch

Volun-selected

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Bit of a moan/pet peeve - but why the hell were camera crew on the pitch at the end? I get that the chance Wales would screw-up the kick to touch was tiny but what if they had? What if the kicker had slipped or had a brain-fade or whatever - how would the teams be able to react with the cameras on the pitch?

Are we seeing this more often? I can’t recall seeing anything quite this blatant - maybe I’ve just not noticed - but cameras do seem to be getting more in the way especially on touch (and then people moan about the ’colourful language’ that gets picked up…)

I get they want to ‘get close to the action’ - but stay off the pitch while play is live.

Attachments

• 72756B04-9AD9-4BEE-8278-CB6F8254F9A8.jpeg
    72756B04-9AD9-4BEE-8278-CB6F8254F9A8.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 17

Marc Wakeham

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
BBC Wales / S4C do it all the time. Interviewing try scorers Filming the referee when he is waiting to blow the whistle to start the game. Pain the the ARSE!

Stu10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
I was also very surprised by this since the game was still ongoing, and I did wonder if Wales might continue play by kicking for corner and try to take away the losing bonus point from Scotland.