Watches

The umpire

Referees in England
Post Likes
I didn't do many games last year, for various reasons, and when I dug out my kit this year I found that my watch has died, new battery was no help, it is an ex-watch. So I need a new one. I don't want to spend a fortune to be tracked by satellite or report my blood pressure or whatever, and there's a fair chance it'll get lost or washed before the end of the season. I prefer a countdown timer, but need a second timer for sin bins, and would like a beep or vibration at 2-5 mins to go and at full time. Any recommendations?

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
My Casio G-Shock works well.

It has countdown, a couple of stopwatches and beeps when the countdown gets to Zero. I bought if online for about £60 a few years ago from memory.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
That is a good watch, I used to have one. My only concern is whether it's waterproof enough, mine died after a game where it rained for the whole eighty minutes

They are quite hard to get hold of , are thy discontinued I think ?

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
you could wear a plastic bag over your hand?

;-)

didds

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Just make sure you hold your umbrella in the hand with the watch on.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I can't see anything wrong with ref carrying an umbrella

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
That is a good watch, I used to have one. My only concern is whether it's waterproof enough, mine died after a game where it rained for the whole eighty minutes

They are quite hard to get hold of , are thy discontinued I think ?

Really? Had mine for ages and it is still going strong. On the original batteries too!!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I've got a Spintso. Good watch but eats batteries.

I have a lifetime guarantee from Timpson's and it's best £24.00 I've ever spent - It has a pair of batteries every 6-9 months. It's a b*****d to get into as well.

View attachment 3610

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8

I have a lifetime guarantee from Timpson's and it's best £24.00 I've ever spent - It has a pair of batteries every 6-9 months. It's a b*****d to get into as well.

View attachment 3610

My first one did that. Wrote to the makers, they said to send it back to where I bought it and get a replacement.
The new one has batteries that last a good 2 or 3 years.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
My first one did that. Wrote to the makers, they said to send it back to where I bought it and get a replacement.

I'll see how long these last and do that. Cheers Phil

CrouchTPEngage

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Just get someone to make you one of these. 40-minutes of sand is all you need. and dont't forget to turn it over at half-time.
hourglass.jpg

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

View attachment 3610

I'll see how long these last and do that. Cheers Phil

Ironically my watch had a meltdown 2 minutes from time on Saturday. All the liquid crystal modules lit up and the vibration went off. I shall be e-mailing Sweden today.