What chance Scotland?

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
What odds would you give Scotland for an upset v England this weekend?
How many teams still have a chance to take out the 6N?

DocY

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well Ladbrokes says 4/1, which seems a good bet to me!

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. I'd make England favourites, but they have been made to look quite ordinary for three quarters of one game and half of the other two, whereas Scotland have really impressed me.

I can see Scotland being fired up and going into half time ahead and England coming back in the last 20-30 minutes. The margin of Scotland's lead when England come back will be crucial.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
I heard Scotland has a new ploy called Ring Around the Rosie. Apparently this involves forming concentric circles around the tackle area and each circle moves circularly in opposite directions. That is one circle clockwise and the other counter clockwise.

England has filed a complaint with WR stating "this is not rugby when SH doesn't have freedom to pass to his FH without empathy from expressed from opposition and referee"

Counseling has been provided, "free of charge of course" for all England millennial supporters for the first half of the game till EJ is able to give a counter tactic through his walkie to waterboy/girl/undecided.

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Scotland have had two exciting home wins as underdogs, but I think the current England team at Twickenham is too much, even if they've been off form. Scotland's missing key players without the depth of replacements that England has, and England's bench looks formidable. So like DocY, I think Scotland might take an early lead (England often seem to take 20 minutes to wake up), and then see the last 15 minutes being a rout the other way.

CrouchTPEngage

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
England have managed to win somehow without playing amazingly well.
They are due one of 2 things : Either a superb necromancer with a big win OR a defeat.
I think 4-1 is a good price for a 2 horse race which is why I'm putting some money on Scotland.
Scotland are playing some of the most entertaining open rugby of any of the 6 Nations this year.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
We have a slim chance, and no more than that.

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
... I can see Scotland being fired up and going into half time ahead and England coming back in the last 20-30 minutes. The margin of Scotland's lead when England come back will be crucial.
I think you may be right.

The Scots will be fired up for a scrap at HQ, but sadly Adrenalin rarely gets you through a full 80 minutes.

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
England haven't really impressed during this 6N.
I want to see Scotland up by 8 with 5 minutes to go so the cameras can catch Eddie's head turning red and steam periodically escaping from his ears because the Scots are using a tactic Eddie's boys don't understand how to counter. England to cut the lead to 3 with 3 to play so the end is hectic. Hope referee Raynal is up to the challenge.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
I want to see Scotland up by 8 with 5 minutes to go so the cameras can catch Eddie's head turning red and steam periodically escaping from his ears because the Scots are using a tactic Eddie's boys don't understand how to counter. England to cut the lead to 3 with 3 to play so the end is hectic..

tru dat

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I saw England implode twice, at Twickenham, in 2015 due partly to intense public & media pressure. If anyone is going to halt the juggernaut it will be the sweaties.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I think you may be right.

The Scots will be fired up for a scrap at HQ, but sadly Adrenalin rarely gets you through a full 80 minutes.

As we saw with Wales :)