What happened :(

Owen Bisto Taylor

Facebook Member
Post Likes
I am currently studying at the University of Northampton (will now on be known as UoN for laziness reasons) reading Podiatry.

In January '13, UoN 1stXV drew Birmingham in the Cup... not Birmingham 1sts though! After donning my number 5, we set out onto the field, only to be returning from it after only a few phases with a dislocated shoulder. Luckily, the head of the QE2 hospital (next to the rugby pitches) happens to be watching his son play, the UoN replacement flanker. We went on to lose the match, a rarity in a good season for us!

After extensive therapy and gym work, oh... and LOTS of tramadol, I was ready for the new season to put my injury behind me. I played my pre-season at home for Thornensians RUFC and felt fine. However, the first game for Uni (against Leicester 1sts) ended horribly for me... with another dislocation. After being told i would need surgery and would not be able to play for my uni again, i was distraught... with only 7 games under my belt in a UoN shirt due to this bloody shoulder!!

On the other hand, my love of rugby is too great to stop me from being involved... having played for about 14 years (yes since i was 5!). So, having already having my ELRA 1+2 qualifications... i'm setting off a new journey, into the world of refereeing!

So yeah, that's it really... I will keep people posted with my progress!

On another note!!! If anyone would like help with any problems to do with legs and feet let me know, i'm good at that stuff :)

Bisto