"When the gods want to punish us...."

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
"...they grant us our wishes"

I've now got BT sport. Great, I said, lets get all my chores / training done then settle down for a cornucopia (and I spelt that right first time) of Man u vs Aston Villa followed by Saints vs Leicester.

Agghh! After 50 minutes of the football I brought my bike inside and started changing the pedals, and I watched about 15 minutes of the rugby, realised that while it was good, it bears so little resemblance to what happens in the weeds. I was bored. I've left it on in the background...

I am now sweeping up the house and clearing the dog poo off the lawn. I have got my bike back from the menders after a massive crash last week where, like the returning bomber crews who were shot down as they were about to reach the safety of their runway, I ran full pelt into a hard dried mud trench my wife's mondeo had dug into the edge of our lawn. A over T, face plant ,and hugely bent handlebars. Insult was added to the injury by the kids from my local primary school who witnessed it. "That was really cooool sir"
I stood up looking casual and in control, nonchalantly bleeding over myself as I dragged the bike inside.

But I digress.... why is the promise of live sport so much better that actually getting it? :)

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I love live sport, especially rugby - sure it's different, but I don't referee in front of 20k, the skill levels are high and weather like this generally produces some quality games, can't get enough of it!

I think it is brilliant getting 3 prem games, a championship game, and 5-6 super rugby games recorded, plus rugby tonight and rugby club, record it all and watch it when I can get those bloody Aussie soaps off the screen!

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Good point JP, you're right, I shall try again. :)

...and now that you're bent and broken (and your bike is too) you'll just have to spend a little time recovering and getting wifey to tend to your wounds and bring you tea and biscuits while you park-up in front of the box for the HK Sevens LIVE or the T20 Cricket LIVE.