Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I'm TheBFG for a reason :wink:

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
I have BMI of 25 which is above average for both UK and world (different age range to Phil), and officially makes me overweight.

Which rather highlights the folly of BMI as a measure, given that I'm in pretty decent shape, with 11% body fat according to the fat calipers!!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I have BMI of 25 which is above average for both UK and world (different age range to Phil), and officially makes me overweight.

But then you are in Yorkshire :wink: All that bread and dripping!

BFG, come on, I want to know which country you are most like.....i'm guessing Tonga or Samoa :biggrin:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Malta for me.

Probably all the Maltesers.

Although since going on my diet I have moved from Samoa to Malta via Argentina, Kuwait and the United States.

If I had a really big poo I could make it back to the UK.

Ultimately I could make it to Bangladesh if I can grow to 7' 2" or contract dysentery.

colesy

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Dominical Republic for me. Apparently I have a lower BMI than 77% of males aged 45-59 in the UK.

Shelflife

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
I dont buy into those stats, i used to until i did a test in a gym one day, I was fit,playing rugby doing weights and cardio, palying rugby every weekend. I was catogorised as obese, the lad in the gym was very embarrassed as while i was carrying a few pounds and was a prop I clearly wasnt obese in the generally accepted view but officially I was.

I was listening to a show regarding binge drinking and the guest was shouting about the terrible crisis and that binge drinking was out of control and that he had official figures to back it up. It turns out that officially if you have 3 pints in one session you are a binge drinker. a load of bull shit.

While im sure the OP has his tongue in cheek with this, alot of these categorisation measures are very misleading.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I notice Oompa Loompa Land isn't in the list. Where's Simon Thomas going to end up then? :wink:

Edit: Doooh just beat me to it?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I notice Oompa Loompa Land isn't in the list. Where's Simon Thomas going to end up then? :wink:

Edit: Doooh just beat me to it?

Cheeky sod. My 6 months on salads and juices has worked wonders, although the alcohol intake last night at London Society 125 Dinner will have set me back somewhat.

I can now wear suits, shirts and trousers that I have not worn for two years +

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Cheeky sod. My 6 months on salads and juices has worked wonders, although the alcohol intake last night at London Society 125 Dinner will have set me back somewhat.

I can now wear suits, shirts and trousers that I have not worn for two years +

Well done - I don't think tracksuits count as suits.

I have been eating the same stuff as my wife and saving the £2 a week she pays at Chubby Club or whatever it's called.

It seems to be working. I have lost about 7lb in 3 weeks.

Owen Bisto Taylor

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Well done - I don't think tracksuits count as suits.

I have been eating the same stuff as my wife and saving the £2 a week she pays at Chubby Club or whatever it's called.

It seems to be working. I have lost about 7lb in 3 weeks.

£2 a week! Are you sure son? Myself and Adam will be glad to tell your naive self that its £5 a week!

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
BMI - a discredited scale, and one which even the inventor of it said shouldn't be used the way it is now. He was a mathematician who found a link between obese people and weight/height ratio. Being Obese predicts you have a BMI over a certain amount, but it should be noted that the opposite is not true (something that is lost of most people). (A predicts B, doesn't mean B predicts A).

Not only that - but based on the 1970 sedantry male in the US. So not relevant for anyone who is taller than the "standard" range in the 1970s, who isn't sedantry, who has higher muscle mass (or lower body fat even).

Body Fat percentage is a much better indication (Even if taken on a electronic scale - which isn't the most reliable method)

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Being Obese predicts you have a BMI over a certain amount, but it should be noted that the opposite is not true (something that is lost of most people). (A predicts B, doesn't mean B predicts A).

Very interesting. No honestly - there's no purile joke coming.

It was lost on me but now it's been pointed out it makes sense.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I would like it to be known that I am not overweight - I am undertall.