Where are you this weekend 20/21?

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Absolutely nothing happening up here in non-pro SRU land. We're just kind of twiddling our thumbs, watching the world play rugby. Are they're any countries (other than Scotland) that are still not playing any lower level rugby?

Outside of the chuckle****s who were at the Peach Town event, nothing happening in the US. Given the patchwork nature of the restrictions thanks to a glorious absence of leadership from the top, IMO it's for the best.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
If you're a bridge player, you might have noticed that Joe Biden has bid and made a very tricky "NO TRUMP" contract.

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Absolutely nothing happening up here in non-pro SRU land. We're just kind of twiddling our thumbs, watching the world play rugby. Are they're any countries (other than Scotland) that are still not playing any lower level rugby?

Holland started up in September, then shut down in October. Since then it's been intra-club youth matches only (which are surprisingly competitive all the same!)

There's talk of the top level restarting in January, but one condition is that everyone involved (including MOs, coaches, medical staff) have two clear covid tests in the week before match day. Not sure how practical that is.

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
If you're a bridge player, you might have noticed that Joe Biden has bid and made a very tricky "NO TRUMP" contract.

We'll see come Jan 6. I trust that the bid will be made, but not without some attempt at chicanery.

For the record, my preferred game involving bids and trumps is 42, and no, I'm not from Texas.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
My preferred bid at rugby card games is £2 open after a series of £1 blind bids/stakes.
Always used to panic them on the back seat card school!

Jolly Roger

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

To cap it all, the Pro 14 is uber-shite so far this season and is on Premier Sport subscription anyway so even the pro game in Scotland is unavailable or just not worth watching.
Sorry.. on a more positive note.......:chin:

:shrug:.................no cant think of anything

Jolly Roger

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Six Nations coming up this weekend!

Thanks Rich, you are quite right.
Beer and bacon rolls in front of a roaring fire...bring on Saturday.
Snowing again outside, but what the hell, cant go anywhere anyway!

timmad

Avid Rugby Lover
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
This weekend I'll be...slumped in front of the TV. Grateful (see other thread) that the 6 Nations is still on free-to-air Tv in the UK. For added joy India v England Test Cricket has returned to free-to-air Channel 4 - early mornings from Friday - and the BBC is showing Superbowl LV late on Sunday. I'll be on extra chores before and after this bonanza.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Saturday afternoon armchair fest
- Bath v Quins @ 14:15
- England v Scotland @ 16:45

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Can Root play rugby? Can't be a worse captain than Farrell.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Can Root play rugby? Can't be a worse captain than Farrell.

Well he took too long declaring, and never enforced the 'Follow-On", so the jury may be out on that one :eek:)

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Well he took too long declaring, and never enforced the 'Follow-On", so the jury may be out on that one :eek:)

and his decisioons allowed england to win comofrtably with a session and a half to go...

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Hooray we're off again.

This weekend:-

L7/8

Dinnington v Wheatley Hills (Doncaster)

4x 20 mins under the amended laws. First game since 19th December 2020.

Looking forward to it immensely not least because the undisputed world's best referee lookerafterer will be there. I'll not embarrass him by naming him but Terry Young is without doubt the most welcoming of hosts it has been my pleasure to meet in in my 15 years of refereeing. It's not just me, I know he is as welcoming to all refs. My cup of tea will be in my room when I get there and my Guinness will be on the bar when I come out of the shower. He can't do enough. I have to draw the line at his suggestion to take me to away games on the team bus, however. :biggrin:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Hooray we're off again.

This weekend:-

L7/8

Dinnington v Wheatley Hills (Doncaster)

4x 20 mins under the amended laws. First game since 19th December 2020.

Unless you have the cardio fitness of Mo Farrah, make sure you slow them right down at Scrum Free Kicks :wink:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Unless you have the cardio fitness of Mo Farrah, make sure you slow them right down at Scrum Free Kicks :wink:

Indeed. I did in December and it worked ok although the pitch was shitty. Fatties soon ran out of puff and were looking longingly at the side-lines for signs of bib removal.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
things are completely back to normal here as though the C word never happened. Scrums, mauls, tackles, handshakes, hugs ... the whole shebang.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
My Union season is done until late September