Where are you this weekend 20/21?

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Hooray we're off again.

4x 20 mins under the amended laws. First game since 19th December 2020.

And remember what a free kick means - might be silly to most in this forum, but I've had 5 games in the last 3 weeks and the amount of 'the ref last week said ....' and basically allowing gain in ground for free kicks outside the 22 (at least they all seemed to remember who got the throw in!).

Can only assume the number of free kicks in a game, that are actually kicked upfield, are so few that there's brain farts all over :shrug:

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
And remember what a free kick means -

and in more normal times why a FK outside one's own 22 anyway is pretty toothless.

its a useful scrum replacement currently of course.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
and in more normal times why a FK outside one's own 22 anyway is pretty toothless.

its a useful scrum replacement currently of course.

After 20 + FK's with no creativity / chasers / half decent kicker some teams may disagree based on my games! I've started having a nap till the next breakdown, just after I've said 'no you can't go quick' for the umpteenth time as well

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
After 20 + FK's with no creativity / chasers / half decent kicker some teams may disagree based on my games! I've started having a nap till the next breakdown, just after I've said 'no you can't go quick' for the umpteenth time as well

That's when you find out that we waste our breath at PMBs!

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes

For the avoidance of doubt I was alluding to the use of a FK to reduce intimate face to face poximity during the pandemic.

Persoanlly I think FKs are a total and utter waste of time generally speaking.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
For the avoidance of doubt I was alluding to the use of a FK to reduce intimate face to face poximity during the pandemic.

Reduced maybe, achieving anything, not sure - but we have more rugby than we did a month or so ago so not crumbling, and think we're on the edge of scrum training etc returning so optimistic for next season.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
Reduced maybe, achieving anything, not sure - but we have more rugby than we did a month or so ago so not crumbling, and think we're on the edge of scrum training etc returning so optimistic for next season.

yeah - if the "cost" of rugby NOW is fewer scrums and more useless FKs then it will do.

in the medium to longer tewrm FKs could do with a review as to a suitable "punishment" coas giving away a FK outside of an oppos 22m is hardly any different than giving up a scrum.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
things are completely back to normal here as though the C word never happened. Scrums, mauls, tackles, handshakes, hugs ... the whole shebang.

famous last words ... we're now back in full lockdown until at least the end of this week :sad:

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Well, just got my tickets so I'll be at Murrayfield Saturday watching the Lions, Happy Days