Where are you this weekend - 2021/22?

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
This weekend I shall mainly be in Townsville, watching NZ take on RSA and Aus play Argentina.

Tickets for the whole day, organized by my incredibly smart wife for my birthday.

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I can't find the edit button, otherwise I'd have updated my post

The match I was assigned to got moved to UNI, and I ain't traveling five hours each way to a cesspool of COVID.

Instead, I'm taking NW Woodsmen v Rockford (D3 men).

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I am in action for the first time since covid ... Gulp

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
First proper Saturday appointment for me thanks to family commitments - off to the seaside / end of the earth, a L9 jaunt to Hartlepool BBOB vs Bishop 2s, fond memories of BBOB as it was my first ever Saturday appointment up there, and sadly they lost their captain suddenly at the end of last season who was so welcoming to me at the time, will be a little sad to not have him on the pitch, one of the gooduns

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
maidenhead 3 Vs Rams 4. L9 Game.

2nd Adult game of the season, 4G pitch hoping for a good one.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Keswick V Rochdale L 7 both teams unbeaten so far, should be a good one.

hahahaha, isn't it the first league weekend of the season? Isn't everyone unbeaten :biggrin:

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
hahahaha, isn't it the first league weekend of the season? Isn't everyone unbeaten :biggrin:

Not here Phil, many teams have played 3 though my game is off for covid so now doing Kirkby Lonsdale 2 v Fylde 2 so again should be enjoyable.

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7

Hampshire began last weekend; Dorset & Wilts this weekend. Probably a Regional calendar.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend I am......

Der der der der der der derrrrrrrrr

National League 2 - North

Huddersfield v Luctonians

AR2 :)

Ironically I should have been doing Huddersfield II.

Anyway. This is a trial/taster to see if I like it/it likes me. I have done a couple previously but that was ARing for LLP junior - still in Nat 2.

The reorganisation around L5 next year means there will be a greater need for ARs in due course. An AR with a LGV licence will be worth his/her weight in gold.

Looking forward to it.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
This weekend I am......

Der der der der der der derrrrrrrrr

National League 2 - North

Huddersfield v Luctonians

AR2 :)

Ironically I should have been doing Huddersfield II.

Anyway. This is a trial/taster to see if I like it/it likes me. I have done a couple previously but that was ARing for LLP junior - still in Nat 2.

The reorganisation around L5 next year means there will be a greater need for ARs in due course. An AR with a LGV licence will be worth his/her weight in gold.

Looking forward to it.

Does this imply L5 will require Qualified ARs if they don't already? not much affect in my area but will surely take refs out of the game and most areas already short!

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Does this imply L5 will require Qualified ARs if they don't already? not much affect in my area but will surely take refs out of the game and most areas already short!

Not at L5. Basically the changes involve an extra league at L4 but the leagues at L3 and L4 will have less teams in them. The extra league will require extra ARs but not as many as there would be needed if the leagues stayed at 16. (Going to 14) So the effect is basically 5 extra games on a weekend requiring 10 extra ARs nationally. Will it have an impact on availability of refs overall? Don’t know. At the moment I am in a society that in general has more refs than games on Saturday for most of the season. More refs will required for the extra L4 league and obviously these will come from existing L5 refs. Overall it is notionally an opportunity for lower level referees to get experience of slightly higher games than their existing grading would give them.
That’s my thinking on it.:)

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
We are going from 48 to 56 teams at levels 3 and 4 - plus we will have an extra game at level 1 when they move to 14 and unknown extra games at level 2 - who have not made up their minds.

There will be 6 leagues of 12 at level 5 amnd 12 leagues of 12 at level 6.

Lancashire CB put out a draft of what the structure could look like - this is unofficial, so do take this with the proverbial salt.

https://lancashirerugby.co.uk/news/1537-future-competitions-structure

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Wigton V Upper Eden this week, Cumbria 1 L8 both teams unbeaten, hopefully the weather improves.
Train journey, Northern Rail permitting and a few beers.

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
NW Indiana Raptors @ Northwest Woodsmen (D3)

The Woodsmen lost last week due to being unable to finish opportunities, while the Raptors are a new-ish side formed via the merger of two D3 clubs that were struggling pre-COVID. Will definitely be a test of game management.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Double header for me Hartlepool Rovers 2s vs Seaton Carew tomorrow night (L9 ish, this third and final game in a local derby trilogy they’ve ended up playing) a friendly ;-)

Then Jarrovians vs Blyth on Saturday, Durham / Northumberland 3 North (I live in the South!) - they split DN3 this season then 2 teams folded so all a bit of a mess. Jarrovians lost 104 -0 last week - Oh, and I have and assessor ... I mean advisor, I’ll keep fit if nothing else.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Jarrovians lost 104 -0 last week - Oh, and I have and assessor ... I mean advisor, I’ll keep fit if nothing else.

’Only’ 5 - 95 this week, I think that’s my first 100 pointer game. Thankfully losing team took it well, no great frustrations or issues to manage, which was reflected in the assessors report - hopefully the grading committee read it!