Where are you this weekend - 2021/22?

Jz558

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Thought my pre-season fitness training had gone well so offered to ref two games yesterday. First one U13, 20 mins each way no problem. Second one, U16s kicked off just as the sun came out. Mid-way through the second half, game opens up and both sides are throwing it around. Away team scores a length of the field try and then from the kick-off they move it to the opposite side of the pitch and run in another length of the field try. With 20 minutes to go I’m starting to wonder if I’ll make it to full time. Good game though and also had my first 50:22 which was beautifully and deliberately executed.

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
for the first time since we started doing this thread idea, i can answer with something that might be of interest. this Saturday, rather than going to the pub and playing darts, i will be on the England Rugby Referee Award course at Campion School. well, assuming i pass the laws exam of course... :)

now to try and find some black boots in size 13...

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
for the first time since we started doing this thread idea, i can answer with something that might be of interest. this Saturday, rather than going to the pub and playing darts, i will be on the England Rugby Referee Award course at Campion School. well, assuming i pass the laws exam of course... :)

:pepper:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes

Excellent, well done

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Black boots no longer de rigeur (unless of a certain age).

But I do like my older Canterbury boots - e.g. Speed Pro 3 which are almost black.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Burntwood v Veseyans

Burntwood where the deer come out of the Chasewater forest and graze/poo all over the pitch.
Also located next door to Chasewater steam railway.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Burntwood v Veseyans

Burntwood where the deer come out of the Chasewater forest and graze/poo all over the pitch.
Also located next door to Chasewater steam railway.

same in Bushy Park - Teddington Rugby Club. once had to stop a game for deer on pitch

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend I am......

Der der der der der der derrrrrrrrr

National League 2 - North

Huddersfield v Luctonians

AR2 :)

Ironically I should have been doing Huddersfield II.

Anyway. This is a trial/taster to see if I like it/it likes me. I have done a couple previously but that was ARing for LLP junior - still in Nat 2.

The reorganisation around L5 next year means there will be a greater need for ARs in due course. An AR with a LGV licence will be worth his/her weight in gold.

Looking forward to it.

My replacement for Driffield II v Huddersfield II was a keen young lad called Tim Wigglesworth (CLANG!). The game never went ahead however. Never mind I'm sure he'll drop on a game somewhere. He shows a lot of promise apparently.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Not this weekend but tomorrow I have another AR gig.

England Police v Scotland Police at Castle Park Home of Doncaster Knights.

Whilst we're in name dropping mode the referee is Jack Makepeace (CLANG! again).

No game this weekend though.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
same in Bushy Park - Teddington Rugby Club. once had to stop a game for deer on pitch

I bunked near there at a pub called The Lensbury. Chuffed to walk past the old Teddington TV studio

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I bunked near there at a pub called The Lensbury. Chuffed to walk past the old Teddington TV studio

not exactly a pub -- the old Shell Staff Sports Club, now a just an independent Sports Club - frequently host international rugby teams.

last RWC in england, Australia chose it over Pennyhill Park

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Only 4 games in the county this week but I've got one. St Benedict's V De La Salle North West 2 L 7.
Need to be at my best for this one ;-)

colesy

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Only 4 games in the county this week but I've got one. St Benedict's V De La Salle North West 2 L 7.
Need to be at my best for this one ;-)

Della used to have a bit of a reputation but I understand they’re a lot better now.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
No games for me this weekend, off up Scafell and Scafell Pike with the Mrs, hoping to come down (gently) too

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11

well i forgot to look for boots (work turned into an absolute twat last week) but found my old boots so wore those, and my feet are now in pieces. so i'm certainly going to get some more before taking this up properly. so that's my job for tomorrow.

course went well, i did enjoy the limited refereeing i got to do (i was the most experienced by a country mile, which i thought i would be) so as long as LSRFUR have a game for me next week i'm back in the saddle!

next task is to spend a few hours trawling through the threads on warm up, pre match brief etc. and hope that nobody turns up in leggings :deadhorse::buttkick::biggrin:

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
well i forgot to look for boots (work turned into an absolute twat last week) but found my old boots so wore those, and my feet are now in pieces.

Re: Boots, for much of the season I wear trail shoes, a cross between trainers and boots. They are very comfortable, good for agility (like I need that, right?) and some even come in black.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Della used to have a bit of a reputation but I understand they’re a lot better now.

I generally have no problems these days, Good tight game 6-6. and escaped with just a slight graze on the forehead after getting tangled up in a ruck and was clearly off my feet and on the wrong side :hap:

tim White

Referees in England
Post Likes
I know, I read the reports. Laugh? -I nearly paid my licence fee!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend (16th) I was due to be doing:-

L8 Yorkshire 2

Keighley v Wheatley Hills (Doncaster)

However I tested +ve for Covid-19 on Friday so that's that bo******ed.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
well i forgot to look for boots (work turned into an absolute twat last week) but found my old boots so wore those, and my feet are now in pieces. so i'm certainly going to get some more before taking this up properly. so that's my job for tomorrow.

course went well, i did enjoy the limited refereeing i got to do (i was the most experienced by a country mile, which i thought i would be) so as long as LSRFUR have a game for me next week i'm back in the saddle!

next task is to spend a few hours trawling through the threads on warm up, pre match brief etc. and hope that nobody turns up in leggings :deadhorse::buttkick::biggrin:

Good to see you back in the saddle :)