Where are you this weekend - 2021/22?

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
19, with half the season cancelled by lockdowns.

number11

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Reffed a regional Under 18 7s tournament at my local club on Saturday. It rained all Friday so the pitches were nice and soft for the all the sunshine on Saturday. Lots of running around with some great teams and players. Got to ref the plate final too, which was a bonus.

With weather, covid and personal circumstances contributing I think I only reffed six senior games over the season. But I managed to qualify for Level 2 (WRU) after two games. On the whole I'm pleased. Feedback from assessors, coaches and players has been good. Onwards to more games next season and up to L3.

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Saturday - Indianapolis Impalas @ Peoria
Sunday - U13/15 festival in Naperville

Doing the double because I am not allowed back home from Saturday morning through Sunday night - house will be listed Friday, and bids are due Monday night

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Member of 3 societies, so matches or tournament days:

47 for one (generally excl Sat), many weekday U15 school cups and BUCS (incl 1x Lvl 6) & 1x Lvl 7 backfill another society
40 for another (mainly Sat): 2x U18 Lvl 7, 8x Lvl 7 adult (incl Cup SF)
11 for 'Home' (!) society (Army), 30% as AR
12 Others (club lower age groups and Nat Sch 7s), U13 Regs upwards

12 cancellations where I was not re-appointed. 21 where I was.

2x Red Cards: 1x early season bog standard high tackle with force = 3 weeks; 1x verbal racial abuse = 8 weeks (story probably to follow after publication of judgement)
1x MOA: 9 weeks
Average suspension per card = 6.66 weeks. It's not worth annoying me!

Probably won't match it next season!

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
The season that keeps on going...

This Sunday I'm reffing what I thought was just my local clubs U15s girls festival - turns out it's Lancashire/Cheshire/Yorkshire having an U15 county tournament. Should be refreshing.

An old boys schools tournament and a 10s tournament is my June as well!

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
First match of the season after a couple of weeks recovering from COVID. Last years premiers (full of flying Fijians) vs the always dangerous Quins who are full of Tongans and Samoan speedsters. Will make sure I stretch and warmup properly...

Volun-selected

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Boys U18 (HS varsity between 2 local towns with some genuinely friendly rivalry).

Should be a good match as each town has long-established rugby programs and most of each team will have been playing for several years - quite the luxury out here. (Had one HS game a few weeks back where the vast majority of one team were in their first season - but I am seeing more and more towns starting to pick up the game.)

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
After some last-minute scrambling, Chicago Blue @ Blaze.

Almost ended up in South Bend. Five years ago, I take that match in a heartbeat.

BikerRef

Referees in America
Post Likes
14 Referee / 8 A/R and still have 2 ref and 1 A/R to go before the Summer 7's season begins.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
X Rugby 7s with my U15s (not a fan, if they’re going to let us play 7s can we just do that! Even if half pitch) up at Newcastle Falcons then watching the game vs Leicester

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
Absolute last appointment of the season this Friday: 10s tournament at a very posh private school - be a nice final runout!

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Friendly (?) XVs: Huddersfield YMCA touring on the south coast, playing a joint team from a couple of Level 8 clubs. I see that they've had a traumatic season, bottom of the league (Level 7), in which they stay due to the re-structuring. Out-of-season re-branding too, to Huddersfield Laund Hill RUFC.

Have to find my refereeing kit from summer storage!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Friendly (?) XVs: Huddersfield YMCA touring on the south coast, playing a joint team from a couple of Level 8 clubs. I see that they've had a traumatic season, bottom of the league (Level 7), in which they stay due to the re-structuring. Out-of-season re-branding too, to Huddersfield Laund Hill RUFC.

Have to find my refereeing kit from summer storage!
Traumatic to say the least. But for the restructure would've suffered 2 consecutive relegations.

Nice lads.

Great facilities - Huddersfield Giants train there.

Not sure what's happened with the rebranding, maybe YMCA have pulled out? I know they (the YMCA) took over the running of things a few years ago as the Trustees couldn't be.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Last Saturday at a mutual friends house party, bumped into Matt Lowndes from the London society. Always good to chew the fat with a fellow ref over a few beers.. Cheers🍻🏉

Attachments

• 285539202_10160862547078115_1002587400745773109_n.jpg
    285539202_10160862547078115_1002587400745773109_n.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Traumatic to say the least. But for the restructure would've suffered 2 consecutive relegations.

Nice lads.

Great facilities - Huddersfield Giants train there.

Not sure what's happened with the rebranding, maybe YMCA have pulled out? I know they (the YMCA) took over the running of things a few years ago as the Trustees couldn't be.
YMCA (I assume branch) went bankrupt during COVID, taking the rugby cub down with them. 50 league pt penalty etc etc. Now back in charge of their own affairs.

Good crew on both sides, played in the right mindset (although both teams included 'ringers'). One claimed to be a soccer captain who had never played before ... and could not believe the respect & relationship between players and referee. The Tour programme sapped their stamina at the 60-minute point, just as home side started to build the score.

After a 6-week break it was like starting a new season ...

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Shipwreck 7s in Chicago, before three weeks off due to moving/holidays. I anticipate multiple conversations regarding the GLTs and how they mean nothing.

Why there needs to be two sevens tournaments two hours away from each other...:mad: