Post Likes
Just interested Simon.

I think ianC is one also?

:)

didds

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
For my money, Robbie was the admin on this forum, has he really been replaced in that function? Take for example the requests to add or remove a sub-forum; no one here appears to genuinely be in a position to do so. Or if they are, they have been keeping quiet about it up to this point in time.
Admin: Manage the technical details required for running the site. Responsibilities include: to promote and demote members to/from moderators, manage the rules, create sections and sub-sections, as well as perform any database operations, such as database backup, etc., make forum-wide announcements, change the appearance, etc. May also act in the capacity of a morderator.

Moderator: Manage the day-to-day affairs of a forum or board. Have access to the posts and threads of all members for the purpose of moderating discussion, keep the forum clean, neutralizing spam and spambots, answer users' concerns and general questions, Common privileges include: ‘deleting, merging, moving, and splitting of posts and threads, locking, renaming, stickying of threads, banning, suspending, unsuspending, unbanning, warning the members, or adding, editing, removing the polls of threads.

The most basic way to understand this is to see it as a hierarchy, or a three-tier pyramid. The base of the pyramid or hierarchy is the users. They are abundant. Some of these users will be chosen to become the moderators, or some people from the outside will brought in to moderate. These moderators become the second tier of the pyramid, where they have to watch over and control the users. The admins are the top of the pyramid. They either own the group, have made the group, or have been assigned as the admin of the group. They basically have all the power in the group and are the authority figure. The watch over and control the moderators and the users.

Remember when this happened? Who sorted it out in the long run?

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I agree. The way I see it

- we no longer have an admin - although Robbie is still around somewhere to fix things in an emergency
- we have a slightly shadowy group of mods, exercising a slightly unclear mandate

- but there is an active RR.COM twitter feed! (Robbie)

It's time RR.COM got some tender loving care
- get rid of the 10th anniversary banners, replace with something fresh
- archive off the articles, wiki, blogs and gear sections and recognise what we are - a forum
- rationalise the number of different forums we have
- try and find a technical admin (volunteer anyone?)
- write a behaviour policy
- can we do anything clever with other sites - working with say rugbyreferees.net

that sort of thing.

Last edited:

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
ah - I ghet the nuance. I meant the mods then :)

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
So out of curiousity .. what is the answer to didds question .. who are the mods?

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
On the motorbike forum I subscribe to (£1 a month) the Moderators have a banner under their forum name.

I think there are a number of "Mods" but some are more active than others.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
No I don't recall that, but it was back in 2013.
The mods back then were

US/Canada:

Bryan
ddjamo
SimonSmith

Europe:
Davet
DrStu
Phil E
OB..
Simon Thomas

Oceana/Asia:
Robert Burns
Dickie E
Ian Cook

Who are the mods now ?

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I am still a mod ... is there something you want modding?

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
No, I was curious about who the mods are, nowadays

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
One has to be an admin to add or remove moderators.
The site admin posted that list shortly before he left for bigger and better things.
Many on the list had already been moderating for years at the time the list was put up.

Apart from those on the list who are no longer active, why on God’s earth do you think it might have changed in the meantime.

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
!!! BUMP !!!

guys just bumping this, as there is some interesting questions/answers in here.

So Robby has asked me to take over as Admin in the day to day back in running of the system, and im working hard in getting things fixed.

If there is stuff we need fixing and/or changing let me know please.

Robby is still around but busy with work/life, so as a mate of over 30 years im helping him out.

Dave

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
!!! BUMP !!!

guys just bumping this, as there is some interesting questions/answers in here.

So Robby has asked me to take over as Admin in the day to day back in running of the system, and im working hard in getting things fixed.

If there is stuff we need fixing and/or changing let me know please.

Robby is still around but busy with work/life, so as a mate of over 30 years im helping him out.

Dave

- can we have the like and dislike buttons back ?
- the structure is so last century : we ave far too many forums, no one does like that any more -- I still like my idea from 2018 ...

https://www.rugbyrefs.com/showthread.php?21089-Re-organisation-idea

I'll bump it..

And .. if you are the admin now ... who are the mods left now?

Dave Elliott

Administrator
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
The buttons plug-in crashes the site, I’m in the process of updating it to bring it back. I’m also putting old unused threads in the archives.

I’ll let you know the mods soon