[Scrum] Who gets the scrum after ball kicked at head and injury

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
So the answer to the Original Post , the Wasps incident , which was an injury , the answer is
2017 : the team going forward (Wasps I think , but arguable)
2018 : the team last in possession (clearly Bath)

What did the ref give ?

collybs

Referees in England
Post Likes
By the time the ref had blown play had developed and one team (Bath IIRC) was in possession when he blew.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Ah no , I correct myself

It was the same in 2017 , but in an odd place
[LAWS]
6.A.9 THE REFEREE AND INJURY
If the referee stops play because a player has been injured, and there has been no
infringement and the ball has not been made dead, play restarts with a scrum. The team
last in possession throws in the ball. If neither team was in possession, the attacking team
throws in the ball[/LAWS].

So team in possession

CrouchTPEngage

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Ah no , I correct myself

It was the same in 2017 , but in an odd place
[LAWS]
6.A.9 THE REFEREE AND INJURY
If the referee stops play because a player has been injured, and there has been no
infringement and the ball has not been made dead, play restarts with a scrum. The team
last in possession throws in the ball. If neither team was in possession, the attacking team
throws in the ball[/LAWS].

So team in possession

Thanks ! So , given that "having a ball kicked at your head" does not constitute "in possession" then, in my example, the scrum goes to the team who just kicked it from hand.
I can go with that.

Just contrasts with the scrum after an unplayable ruck : This goes to the team moving forward ( or attacking team if none going forward ).