Rugby Expert
Post Likes
"(9 don't do that)" is surely assumed for every decision we discuss anyway? :D

Jz558

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I want to hear what jz558 thinks. But thanks for chiming in.

I'd give the same answers as Crossref to your specific questions but I guess you are referring to my earlier question. The point I was making is that I don't understand why you would be sure that the law makers meant 'dangerous play' given that there are sanctionable offences which fall outside that category but are included in the definition of 'foul play' Deliberate offending also falls into this category but when combined with dangerous play seems much more encompassing.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I'd give the same answers as Crossref to your specific questions but I guess you are referring to my earlier question. The point I was making is that I don't understand why you would be sure that the law makers meant 'dangerous play' given that there are sanctionable offences which fall outside that category but are included in the definition of 'foul play' Deliberate offending also falls into this category but when combined with dangerous play seems much more encompassing.

but under advantage law I can't think of an example where non-dangerous 'foul play' out trumps a previous knock on. Can you?

Jz558

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
but under advantage law I can't think of an example where non-dangerous 'foul play' out trumps a previous knock on. Can you?

To be fair there aren't many but, since its topical, how about Alun Wyn Jones knocks on whilst going to ground to retrieve a ball and on regaining his feet Marler introduces himself in the manner he did on Saturday. Tenuous I appreciate but I would definitely consider 'non-dangerous misconduct' as out trumping your rights to the put in