Yellow card to replacement

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
The recording of yellow cards depends on the level in this game. At the level mentioned it depends if it is foul play or not. Foul play cards are recorded and accumulated.

When is a YC ever issued that is not for Foul Play? Keep in mind that deliberate infringements [Law 9-7a] and repeated infringements [Law 9- 8,9 and 10] are Foul Play.

You mean Dangerous Play, right?

Last edited:

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes

Accylad

Referees in England
Post Likes
Just had a call from my mate who was on the line on the side where the incident happened. “What do you think Accylad?” was his Q. I said blimey, don’t know for sure but if the YC of the sub is correct then he can’t be used as a replacement for the duration of the 10m and the game continues with whoever was on the pitch for the subs team. You can’t sanction a player who has not infringed..... Had it been a coach who was the transgressor you could not pull off a player to make the team play with 14. However, I said I would try v hard to find a way not to have the two yellows that creates the problem and manage it away...

I then came here to see if it had been raised before! I will see what comes out to us from HQ.....

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Replacements that came onto plsying area have been very firmly warned about conduct. Player concerned has aplogised to all necessary and a note made on his record. Nothing else to say really. Doesn’t quite address if what the match officials did was correct bit there is a vague suggestion in the various communucations that a red card may have been more appropriate. The club concerned took very quick action to warn/disciplne. NCA and RFU seem satisfied.

Last edited: