Where are you this weekend? 2017/2018

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I have a weekend off .. I will be settling down on the sofa in front of England v Argentina watching whoever is reffing

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
And now the home team want to change the kick-off time to 13:00 because of the England game?!:wtf:

That means missing paying my respects at the local War Memorial so No I am not going to accede to their request :mad:

Reappointed :hap:

Kettering 1st -v- Market Rasen 1st

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Level 9 changed this evening into a first Level 7 Exchange: Pangbourne College v Churcher's College. Best get Billy's Boots on.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
This weekend I shall be rugby free as I buy a new car as a deer committed suicide in front of the old one as I traveled up the Interstate at 75 mph.

Bambi can go do one.

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
This weekend I shall be rugby free as I buy a new car as a deer committed suicide in front of the old one as I traveled up the Interstate at 75 mph.

Bambi can go do one.
They have those deer warning signs in our village, why don't they move them out just a few hundred metres where it would be safer for the deer to cross?

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

Bambi can go do one.

Did you take it home to consume at your leisure? :biggrin:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Handsworth v Cannock Saturday. L8
Stafford v Camp Hill Sunday. U12
:smile:

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Did you take it home to consume at your leisure? :biggrin:

I asked.
It became the property of the State apparently. To be destroyed and not at all cut up and eaten as the State Trooper told me with admirably straight face.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I asked.
It became the property of the State apparently. To be destroyed and not at all cut up and eaten as the State Trooper told me with admirably straight face.

What a waste of good meat :(

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
"Property of the State" = local State employees who work the highways. I suspect the State Trooper got an escalope or three.

ianh5979

Referees in England
Post Likes

Bambi can go do one.

I thought the speed limit was 55, would you have missed the deer at that speed?:biggrin:

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Speed limit is 70, so I was within the margin of error. And no. The first I knew about it was the simultaneous bang as the airbag went off and the bonnet detached entirely and tried to come in through the windscreen

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend I am taking charge of my ever first County game.

Yorkshire v Lancashire.....

U15.....

Girls....

:biggrin:
I hope there's no serious gas merchants playing that'll make me live to regret the decision.

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
It should be a good game, It is a roses match.
Most are very sporty - gas will be in evidence.
But even at County there could be players in their first year playing rugby - though some will have started playing tag as soon as they could toddle.

As ever check the regulations - they are not the same as the boys.

Above all have FUN

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes

that's great advice - they often tinker with the regs for county games. Senselessly IMO.
A while ago they even had no YC in county games (only compulsory replacements) don't know if that's still the case.

Thunderhorse1986

Referees in England
Post Likes
that's great advice - they often tinker with the regs for county games. Senselessly IMO.
A while ago they even had no YC in county games (only compulsory replacements) don't know if that's still the case.

That was the case this year for the regional trial matches. Apparently the RFU wants to make sure that all players got plenty of playing time for scouts to see them. In my view it made the match very hard to manage discipline-wise which I mentioned in post-match debrief. That said, coaches did take discipline into account in their selection discussion regardless.

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes

Agree, in Scotland at this age-group the kick for conversion is from no wider than the 15m line, so check what it is for your game. Hope you enjoy it.