Recent content by harlequins1970

1. harlequins1970

Debate about the breakdown

I thought, as the weather was nice, to go down the local park and take in a game. The coach of one side was, not having a go at the referee but was debating his decisions about the breakdown and the ruck. Basically what was happening was reds going forward tackled by blue no problems there. A...
  2. harlequins1970

Harlequins v Leicester

Early in the 2nd half a tackle situation occurs. Harlequins have the ball Botica is then tackled by a Leicester player who then releases and gets to his feet to try and get the ball (no problem there). The ball comes loose and goes backwards with which the Leicester player dives over Botica and...
  3. harlequins1970

Tackler being pinged for not rolling away

having just watched the game between Nottingham and Bedford could someone clarify why certain tacklers are pinged for not rolling away and others are not. Nottingham were on the attack a Bedford player comes in to tackle, does so, rolls over the tackled player on his side, a ruck is created...
  4. harlequins1970

Is this a ruck

I know this might come across as a silly question but could someone clarify as to whether the following is a ruck. A tackle takes place both players go to ground (no problems) the ball carriers team mate comes through the gate and over the top of the players on the ground before making contact...
  5. harlequins1970

Player off their feet

Can someone explain the following scenario which I saw over the weekend in the Premiership and see on various occassions. A tackle takes place and before the tackler has a chance to role away or in the process of getting up, the team mate of the tackled player comes rushing in and almost...