Recent content by loten10

1. L

Yo-yo test

Is there anybody who can give me some help as to how it works and does anybody have an audio file for the Yo-yo test itself? I am well versed in the Bleep Test but I'll admit that this one is new to me.
  2. L

Making the ball dead

Here is the scenario: Red have a drop out from their 22 and kick the ball into Blues in-goal area. Blue defender running back then kicks the ball over the dead ball line or over the touch-in-goal line. Has this player legitimately made the ball 'dead' and therefore is awarded a scrum back or...
  3. L

New Zealand Domestic Safety Law Variations

For those refs from NZ. Have moved to NZ and am going to start refereeing for the Bay of Plenty. Just looking through the DSLVs and one of them has me confused. 12c When a team has won the ball in a scrum, the scrum-half of the opposing team is off-side if that scrum-half steps in front of the...
  4. L

School rugby ref punched in face

Have just seen this article on the NZ Herald website. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10829630 This seems slightly concerning as there seems to be a prevalence of refs being physically attacked in NZ. From refs in NZ, have you noticed a rise in players/spectators...