Phil E's latest activity

• Phil E
    From your initial description I am going to penalise Red 14 for throwing the ball away, because that's what started it all. From your...
  • Phil E
    Phil E replied to the thread Jumper Dummy Throw.
    The law says "as soon as the ball is won". Make of that what you will.
  • Phil E
    No. not saying that, what he can't do is be held up there with the ball, because he cant be touched while he is in the air, so just...
  • Phil E
    If he is dummying the throw then he probably isn't conforming to Law 18.29.c 29. Once the lineout has commenced, any player in the...
  • Phil E
    Phil E reacted to tim White's post in the thread Statistics help required with Like Like.
    You would need a meaningful number of games at a club; say a minimum of ten? You would also need a spread of different referees so one...
  • Phil E
    Phil E reacted to didds's post in the thread Statistics help required with Like Like.
    Otherwise you are going to need to come up with some sort of "weighting" application - and that's open to a huge conjecture as to how...
  • Phil E
    Phil E reacted to didds's post in the thread Statistics help required with Like Like.
    have a minimum number of games for "qualification" ? Your dilemma is the standard cricket averages one whereby one player plays one...
  • Phil E
    thats basically your call :) try it both ways and see if that alters the results. Or you may favour one result over another so go...
  • Phil E
    Phil E replied to the thread Statistics help required.
    So am I best sticking to the way I am doing it now and throwing out any clubs with less than a certain number of games, maybe 2? Or do...
  • Phil E
    Could do with a little help if anyone is into statistics? We have a trophy for the club that looks after referees the best each season...
  • Phil E
    Cup game this weekend. Leek v Walsall. Last weekends cup game I forgot to check the regs, and it ended in a draw with the final...
  • Phil E
    Phil E replied to the thread Headline news or hidden away?.
    Does no conviction mean no criminal record, or no jail time?
  • Phil E
    Phil E replied to the thread Headline news or hidden away?.
    No conviction, but... "A Brisbane troll has been fined $1000 and given a 12-month good behaviour bond for sending “vile and toxic”...
  • Phil E
    Phil E replied to the thread Orange Card?.
    In my experience, across several societies/CB's in the UK. I usually equate a "blazer" as a member of the committee, or a club...
  • Phil E
    Phil E reacted to didds's post in the thread Tackle height stuff with Like Like.
    Yes. But I was commenting on #38 - the situation in Australia.