Recent content by richie

1. R

Oh dear, elite(ish) ref law error, montpellier v quins

Montpellier v harlequins, drop out after a montpellier score a maul forms, mont in possession, ref calls scrum to quins, stating maul formed directly after law. Oops And from resulting scrum quins score a pk double oops But just to confirm our suspicions about commentators and law knowledge...
  2. R

World cup squad players injured.....

Cant get to see all the games so just to keep up to date of players we really wanted to see in the world but sadly are injured 1. Leigh halfpenny 2. yoann huget
  3. R

ita v fra

First scrum. Italy 9 feeds to second row, WTF !!!, whats the point of directives????
  4. R

leinster v wasps

Anybody out there that watched the match wondering how Ashley Johnson only got a yc for tackling player in the air??? If anyone can post a clip , (I'm IT challenged), that would be great.
  5. R

ben whitehouse

Watching Ulster v treviso, young whitehouse,23,son of Nigel is in the middle doing a pretty good job.
  6. R

try ?

Im my match yesterday last play. Black knock on in in goal, advantage called, black ground ball then white attacker pounces to score. Then I blow whistle to award try. All good? Black not happy, I suggest that they should play to the whistle. They grumble a bit and accept. Am I correct or...
  7. R

claim by injured player

http://www.hughesmurphy.com/news/128-personal-injury-action-taken-by-irish-scrum-half
  8. R

AR concussion querie

Was AR in u19 semi, blue 8 puts in big hit and has a good wobble after as play moved away. both opps coaches see this happen , as did I , and they implore me to get game stopped and pleyer taken off. Told them I couldnt , but at next stoppage I called ref and explained what happened. Blue physio...
  9. R

forward passes

Is it just me or are there a lot of clearly forward passes being allowed to go by the TMO. Dont have a clip but in the clermont v toulouse match for medards try the pass must have been clearly 2m forward, proximity to 5m line was there to assist, but allow to stand. Im well aware of the...
  10. R

A Nigel Owens Decision or not?

Munster v Scarlets last sat . A tip tackle occours late in game, he 'has it', plays on and the play ends up with a line out down the field. He goes back to TMO to review and on review player is issued a :yellow:, :clap::clap: So he restarts with the line out. Not sure if it is for the non...
  11. R

to YC or not?

red 14 scores in corner . in the build up red 13 passes to him and then tugs blue 13 jersey who is chasing but not going to catch red 14. its close enough for blue to protest, but i explain to capt. that i had seen it but was happy he wasnt going to catch him. Red were on a dicipline warning for...
  12. R

back line all offside, where is mark for PK

blue have scrum, but lose it and before red 9 takes it out all blue back line come up past the 5m offside line. Pk against blue for offside, but where is best place along that line to mark it? directly in front of posts? where blue 10 was as i saw him first? other?
  13. R

tackle question

is a player who is juggling the ball in either of these senarios ok for a tackle or not? 1. ball is passed to team mate where it hits his hand goes up in air,comes down hits hand again goes up in air and attempting to catch it then gets munched by opposite no who is licking his lips. 2. full...
  14. R

game stats from over the years

anyone got a link for game stats over the years. Things im interested in would be for example, in the 70s how many scrums per game compared to the 90s compared to now, time the ball is in play, tries per game etc. thanks
  15. R

collapsing a ruck

Law 16.3(c) states that you must not intentionally collapse a ruck. this is dangerous play. sanction penalty. Yet each week I see arriving players both attackers or defenders successfully collapse rucks(saddle roll etc)in its early stages, with no sanctions, either from me or any other refs. Is...