Recent content by Treadmore

1. Treadmore

Penalty try - Eng v Wales

Wouldn't ref have to assume the English defender who collapsed the maul was no longer there? And then consider if a try was probable? If so, it wasn't a poor decision.
  2. Treadmore

Grounded?

And then he wanted to do more checks when he realised Berry would reverse on what he'd said.
  3. Treadmore

What type of restart occurs when the attacking team kicks the ball out the back of the defending teams in-goal?

Yes But where is that stated in the Law book? Law 12.11 covers attempts at goal Law 12.12 doesn't cover it (defenders make dead, or attackers knock on) Law 19.1 only covers taken in by defenders Law 21.11 only covers kicked through from FoP.
  4. Treadmore

What type of restart occurs when the attacking team kicks the ball out the back of the defending teams in-goal?

That's for kicks from field of play, which might be what you had in mind. I'm struggling to find the restart in law should the attacking player kick the ball dead when they are in-goal.
  5. Treadmore

Does the delay undermine the disciplinary process?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/66183082 Available for World Cup
  6. Treadmore

Tip Tackles Today at 6N

Another one in the u20 Ire v Eng just after 52mins game time. White tackler got red card. Wasn't a pick and lift tip tackle, white tackled low but the speed of green player saw him flip over the top of white. As he's already going over white stands up, which does raise greens hips/legs though...
  7. Treadmore

Charge down puts oppo on side

I wonder if there would have been any discussion had the the original scenario been called offside 🤔😂
  8. Treadmore

law change thought

Not for me. A law I would modify is scoring a try - from a ruck within 5m of goal line the ball has to be first played out of the 5m zone. The pick and drive fest is too dull, farcical near the goal posts, and given emphasis on head safety, I'm surprised it's not been stopped already. If...
  9. Treadmore

Offside when ball goes dead

10.4.b Moves forwards towards the ball;
  10. Treadmore

Eng v SA: Kholisi YC

I don't understand that. Maybe this is too specific a case but when the many in maul fell to ground, the ball did not go to ground. Itoje and SA#20 remained on feet and both were trying to get the ball from somewhere within the pile. Only Itoje was asked to stop. I have no idea why.
  11. Treadmore

Scrum advantage before 80:00

"So you admit"?? I only made an observation, was not looking to offer a detailed blow by blow, nor derail the thread. Out.
  12. Treadmore

I'd say he's offside in those 2 shots I don't agree with the Bristol s/h shoving his oppo either. I won't add any further screenshots as it's not clear where the ball is at the time of that shove, but after it the Leicester s/h is onside ?
  13. Treadmore

Dare I say the law is clear? ? In this case we've got the ref applying 7.2.b The knock-on has been spotted and awarded within game time. With no advantage coming the ref _applies_ the sanction (7.2.b) - a scrum - which can be played because 5.7.a Will be interesting to see what the...
  14. Treadmore

[Law] Jumping or Diving Clarification required

Well your feet come up off the floor whichever way
  15. Treadmore

[Law] Sco v Eng - Scrum back?

I can't recall an example. It is what the Laws used to show though.