Search results

1. J

Free kick taken back into 22

Got asked this in a Law exam last night and can't work out the answer. Free kick awarded just outside the 22m. The kicker steps back into his 22 in line with the mark and kicks directly to touch. Where is the line out. 1. Gain in ground - where the ball crossed the line 2. No gain and in line...
  2. J

Ruck Holding onto player on ground

Blue in possession, tackled by Red, good clear set back no interference by tackler. Blue 1st player to arrive through gate on feet, puts one foot in front of tackled player and places hands on tackled player. His head is up no issues with supporting his weight all good. No ruck at this point...
  3. J

Offside going to ground?

Complicated Offside question. I Refed a very fast flowing game at the weekend, at the end of long section of broken play. Long kick ahead by White gathered by Red full back who was tackled almost immediately by chasing white player, both go to ground all good release etc. Next 2 players arrive...
  4. J

Mark from penalty Kick

On Saturday I refed I close encounter between 2 midlands 2nd teams. Half way through the first half I gave a penalty to red just inside yellows half. Red kicked for the corner but missed badly and the yellow 15 caught the ball in the yellow 22 and called for the mark, which I gave. There was a c...
  5. J

Early Crouch at Scrum?

I refereed a vets game on Friday which was social fundraiser but still very keenly contested, surprisingly fast and possibly unsurprisingly injury laden. However at scrum time the ‘red’ front row had a very talkative hooker, who was doing the rallying the troops ie ‘ right boys less have them...
  6. J

Late tackle after a Mark Call?

I refereed an under 15s game at the weekend and 20mins into a very closely contested game the 'Blue' full back called for a 'mark' inside is 22m and under a strong if slightly late chase. After he called the mark he stood completely still and in the approx 2 seconds before I blew my whistle has...