Search results

1. B

Touched in flight

May I have your views on this please? U14 school match. Blue is attacking and are five metres out from Red try line. Red turnover the ball, and pass it back, over the try line towards the dead ball line. Red kick to clear their lines. Most of red are in front of the kicker. Blue touch the...
  2. B

Tonga v NZ

John Lacey.....Really!!!!! NZ drop maul on the way to try line and no penalty try. NZ repeatedly drop scrum. Woodcock goes down again and Lacey says use it! Tonga trying to get it a yard over the line and Lacey blows up to have a little check. Decides held up and rescues NZ with half time...
  3. B

Cone Part of touch?

so first festival at the weekend for U11s. A try is scored - the seventh actually - they went on to win 10 nil. Should have been stopped early. The touch line is a normal painted white line, but to help the players see the line there are cones every couple of yards. just as a player scores...
  4. B

Free kick for early engage

Is this really necessary? I know the refs have probably been instructed to take zero tolerance and take control, but for the first 3 England scrums to be free kicks is nonsense for a spectator. If they just engaged and then the ref made sure the packs were adjusted and steady over the mark...
  5. B

O'Driscoll injury

I didn't see this myself, so sorry if this is wrong, but I heard O'Driscoll went off injured with a knee injury in the Heineken Cup Final but then came back on to the field of play later on. Was this a blood injury? If not, why would Nigel Ownes let him back on? Just interested if anyone...