Search results

1. D

[Law] What is the official role of a touch judge during a match?

1. In a U20 school match played last Friday (in Sri Lanka), we witnessed a high tackle being made during a maul (right over the ball carrier's neck for good couple of seconds). It happened in front of a Touch Judge (TJ), and the spectators were screaming of foul play and were asking why the TJ...
  2. D

[Scrum] No. 8 not binding - is it legal?

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ_nz4cPw2o&feature=em-lbrm Timeline: 1:24:30 to 1:25:00 During this U20 school match, I noticed that the No. 8 (of the attacking team) not binding many times, and also the opposite scrumhalf was trying to draw referee's attention on it but went...
  3. D

[Law] Deliberate knock on to get the (on comming) penalty fast

Playing at 10m line, referee indicates advantage for a penalty against the defending team. Noticing that the defenders were slow to back 10m, the scrumhalf of the attacking team, takes the ball and knocks it forward deliberately in order to get the (on comming) penalty fast. But referee warns...
  4. D

"Penalty Try" - Is the referee right? (video attached)

In a match concluded this evening, the referee awarded a Penalty Try to the RED team. For me, it looks like the defender in YELLOW/BLUE team made an attempt to clear the ball by kicking it away. But referee/touch judge decide otherwise. Is the defender's attempt is a Penalty Try offence? May...
  5. D

Can a scrum half push the opposite no for blocking in a scrum (video attached)

During an annual U19 school rugby fixture, my son was penalized for pushing his opposite number in a scrum. My opinion was that the referee was right but my son says that referee can not penalize him for pushing BECAUSE of the opposite number was deliberately blocking him. Link...