Search results

1. M

Points for penalties

So the professional pundits on the BBC could not agree on what to do with the number of points for a penalty. I have a proposal which would address many issues. 5 points for a penalty given away within 5m of the try line. This will help to get away from those repeated reset scrums following...
  2. M

Free pass for high tackle; commiting too many to the ruck/maul, scrums

New Under 11 rules... 1. Can anyone throw any light on the thinking behind a FP being awarded for a high tackle but a FK for every other offence. It seems to me that a FP is a more restricted advantage than a FK because all you can do is pass. It doesn't seem to make sense that a serious...
  3. M

Free Kick and Free Pass

OK, so here is my latest area for coach disagreement... The FP laws specifically prevents players from running before the pass is made, presumable for safety reasons to prevent the "crash ball" (7b) There is no such exclusion from the section about Free Kicks; so in theory a player could place...
  4. M

Training

Having had such a helpful set of responses to my last post, I thought I would ask if there is anyone out there who might be able to come along to our school in South Somerset to give a few of us some training/advice on coaching/refereeing the new continuum rules for U11 and U10; or if anyone has...
  5. M

[Mini/Midi] unde 11kicking rules

Can anyone make sense of the new rules for U11 rugby with regard to kicking. It seems to me that the non-kicking side can get a scrum under alost any circumstances, even if they knock the ball on! thanks