Search results

1. N

Ruck Formation & Jackling

It was a fair size tournament of several age groups in fairness- men’s rugby around here is lucky to get refs sometimes
  2. N

Thanks folks- I suppose we were lucky to have RFU referees appointed the other week which is what prompted the questions. Thus far I’ve only ref/coached one match and definitely have a lot to learn!
  3. N

Hi folks, I recently started coaching my lads U9’s and also helping out with the u10’s. One thing I’ve noticed at the breakdown in u10’s matches is that referees rarely seems to call “ruck” or “ruck formed”. Obviously this has an impact on the opportunities for a legal turnover to be...
  4. N

Quick tap and pass to runner

Thanks for the feedback
  5. N

Essentially (slightly biased opinion) it was only given as the opposition coaches were shouty/vocal at/with the quite young referee because they didn’t like my lad getting a run on their team. He’s far from the biggest on the team but he’s switched on and strong.
  6. N

The lack of “made” as a defined term here is where there is potentially a grey area. I think it is “ball leaves hand” as opposed to “ball leaves hand and is caught”
  7. N

Thanks for having me, and thanks for the reply. The law around the free pass (used to restart the game) is the same for U9’s & U10’s other than 5.a.ix only apples to U10’s: 5. Free Passes: a) A free pass is awarded: i. To start the match at the beginning of each half and following a score...
  8. N

On the cavalry charge/running onto the ball front we have been coaching my players to run onto the pass, ie stand still u til the ball leaves the SH hands but be moving as soon as it does. We also coach them to move up the defensive line as soon as the ball leaves the opposition SH hands. We’re...