1099s

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
Do any of you get 1099s at the end of the year for tax purposes? That is a new thing for Indiana in 2014. What is the tax rate? I tried looking it up but got bored after about 5 seconds reading that stuff. Is there an influence of your other income on the tax rate? Frankly, if 15+% of my reimbursement is going to the government, I am going to expect a higher match fee.

thepercy

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
No, however for college games that are non-league they are making us fill out W-9 forms. I don't really feel comfortable giving some college student my personal tax information.

pwhaling

Referees in America
Post Likes
Percy, the society has a tax id number that you can give the colleges. I don't know what it is but Heather should be able to provide it to you.

buff

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
We have to declare our 2013 earnings here in Quebec. This is a first. In the past our match fees were considered a reimbursement for our expenses, so not taxed. Serious pain in the ass. We are considered self-employed, and I am tied in knots trying to get it through my tax software. We weren't told until early in 2014 (presumably because Revenue Quebec did not confirm this with Rugby Quebec until January), so a lot of people did not track mileage or keep receipts.