Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
For me....about half way between the 2. :wink::biggrin:

itin

Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
I always wonder why it wasn't truly halfway between, 11's keeping with the odd number tradition of 7's and 15's...

In respect to the tournaments I have done, I referee the ruck just like I would if it was full 15's.

thepercy

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
I always wonder why it wasn't truly halfway between, 11's keeping with the odd number tradition of 7's and 15's...

In respect to the tournaments I have done, I referee the ruck just like I would if it was full 15's.

Don't want to get it confused with football (round) or football (oblong).

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
itin:301869 said:

Maybe that eleven would presumably mean a #8 and they don't want #8 pick ups from scrums

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I think it will depend upon how the players approach it.
the 10s I have refereed were all age-group tournaments, so may not be a good guide to an adult game, but my experience was that unlike 7s, all teams included 'genuine' forwards who - by instinct - got stuck in, and the rucks were like a 15 a side game.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Problem was solved by the organisers, who decreed that the tourno was a preseason prep assist so wanted it refereed as 15's ( aside from drop kick conversions )

Throughout enjoyed it, but joints really aching today.

During one match ball is in touch. Blue urgent present two players and complain when Gold dont and immediately take QTI ( untouched by spectator) Centre suggests that there arrival forms the lineout.

I advised him it takes two teams to form, but he loudly asserts that he's a referee and "your definitely wrong".
My curtailing reply of "i disagree, so we'll play it my way, and can discuss afterwards" is met with a "I don't need to discuss anything cos I know I'm right !

I look to blue capt and say, "you now need to quieten this player or I will"

However, mindful of the likelihood of refereeing this team again I enter their ARMY encampment ARMED with LoTG booklet and following a banterish smiling "cmon then where is your expert referee" i present Mr Referee with Law 19.8 (a) [LAWS]. [FONT=fs_blakeregular](a)
[/FONT]
[FONT=fs_blakeregular]Minimum. [/FONT][FONT=fs_blakeregular]At least two players from each team must form a lineout.[/FONT] [/LAWS]

His teammates start to take the piss that he's been "owned" but he attempts a "ah but...in 10's its different " recovery position, to which I point to the relevant page of Law for there being no Lineout 10's variations !

Im now enjoying two way 'banter chat' but i retreat agreeing that my credibility among his team is heightened and his is now so low that in our next game he conceeds/surrenders that he "wont utter a word"

All good natured stuff in the context of a freindly tourno that amused most watchers, the only dissapointing thing was that I didn't get assigned to their QF loss, but I hear that Mr Expert kept his word & kept mute.

Moral = always carry a LoTG & IF once you've double checked you're on safe ground, USE IT.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I wonder how Mr Referee reacts when players challenge his decisions? Does he just rely on[LAWS]6.A.4 (a)[FONT=fs_blakeregular]The referee is the sole judge of fact and of Law during a match. [...][/FONT][/LAWS]