2 England tries vs NZ

Arturas

Referees in Lithuania
Post Likes
Dear Sirs,

does in the first try first was knock on (for me the ball went backwards) and in the second was offside (if the ball the same went bachwards)?

Thank you.

damo

Referees in New Zealand
Post Likes
Dear Sirs,

does in the first try first was knock on (for me the ball went backwards) and in the second was offside (if the ball the same went bachwards)?

Thank you.
I didn't see anything wrong with either try.

Thought the PK leading to the second try was questionable because I thought it may have touched an England hand after the black knock on but no complaints really.

Cracking game so far. AB's under pressure and playing some dumb footy for 35 minutes but showing class in the final 5 minutes as they often do.

Pedro

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Is it me or is Stuart Barnes just plain ignorant of the laws? So many times he just exspoused a point of view that was either wrong, irrelevant or biased. At one point towards the end of he match, he was suggesting England could steal a line out during a scrum. So annoying, I wish there was an alternative.

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Any thoughts on a section of England supporters singing «*Swing Low*» to drown out the haka?
Seemed disrespectful to me, but was it really disrespectful?

mark.lucas

Post Likes
I thought many moons ago Mr. Barnes took an L1 course to hone his knowledge - perhaps he needs a refresher?

Personally, doing anything to disrupt the haka is disrespectful, and therefore not part of rugby.

damo

Referees in New Zealand
Post Likes
I don't think it's really possible to be disrespectful to the haka. Do what you like.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I don't think it's really possible to be disrespectful to the haka. Do what you like.

Yeah, I just fast forward through it. Seen one, seen them all.

Bunch of white blokes pretending to be a bunch of black blokes ... surprised it hasn't been banned.

Last edited:

damo

Referees in New Zealand
Post Likes
Yeah, I just fast forward through it. Seen one, seen them all.

Bunch of white blokes pretending to be a bunch of black blokes ... surprised it hasn't been banned.
Turns out I was wrong.

Flish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Not a drop of Kiwi blood here so maybe i’m missing something in the heritage, but as I see it the Haka is a challenge and something that gets the AB’s fired up, the English players respected it on pitch and in turn got their own motivation from the fans singing and supporting them. Seems like what sport is all about to me, if they’d booed then that would be unacceptable