2013-2014 laws....

macleod33

Referees in Finland
Post Likes
I'm looking for information from different unions on how they deal with the issuing of the new laws.
In France, the FFR has decided not to print out the laws and regulations, leaving each ref to print out, or not, their own copies. It represents roughly 250 pages for the laws and about the double for the regulations (required for the match directors).
The other option is to us the smartphone IRB app. but implies that
a) you have a smartphone
b) you want to bring it to the match
The print-out option costs about 15€ just for the laws. I find this highly unsatisfactory that the refs haven't even got a copy of the laws, that seems to be pretty essential!!

How is this dealt with in other unions?

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Hello macloed33,
The Irish Rugby Football Union has posted a doc on The new Scrum Law trials.
Basically a powerpoint summary of these iRB "new scrum laws" videos
I like the idea of getting a free copy for the FFR, but won't hold my breath.
:shrug: 216 pages/2 = 108 pages recto/verso pour les IRB Laws, il me manque quoi encore?

Looks to me like the notion of the momentum pass is creating a stir in France this season.
(Am I wrong in thinking so?)

Last edited:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
I'm looking for information from different unions on how they deal with the issuing of the new laws.
In France, the FFR has decided not to print out the laws and regulations, leaving each ref to print out, or not, their own copies. It represents roughly 250 pages for the laws and about the double for the regulations (required for the match directors).
The other option is to us the smartphone IRB app. but implies that
a) you have a smartphone
b) you want to bring it to the match
The print-out option costs about 15€ just for the laws. I find this highly unsatisfactory that the refs haven't even got a copy of the laws, that seems to be pretty essential!!

How is this dealt with in other unions?

The other unions burn sheep & block roads with 000's of tractors ....... those frenchies, they certainly have their own ways !!