Staff member
Post Likes
If I want to see a bloodbath, there's a local abbatoir. Much cleaner

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
My old college side, the current club I am with, and the referee society I am in are all organizing separate trips.

If this was in the spring/summer, I would go in a heartbeat.

woody

Referees in America
Post Likes
I was hoping to make a weekend of it with the missus but I can't get a hotel downtown for a reasonable amount of points. We still may go up and meet of with some other rugby friends who now live in the Midwest.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Which stadium is it at?

The Best Western by the airport is reasonable on rates, and has a shuttle to the airport. The airport then connects to the city center via rail - takes about 35 - 40 minutes depending on station.

woody

Referees in America
Post Likes
Soldier Field.

It looks like we'll be further out. I travel a bunch to small towns and had hoped this would be my one chance to live it up in a city. I guess I'm too cheap for that.

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
I'll probably go IF there are still tickets available. Wife is from Chicago, and Soldier field is right downtown. Then again I'll make a "guys weekend" out of it. However, what surprises me is the ticket pricing AND selection:

ON FIELD SEATING - $250.

Is this a f**king joke? Yeah, b/c I want Brad Thorne tackling Todd Clever into me. Sounds like a f**kin awesome idea. On and has anyone watching a game at field level? It's TERRIBLE. Who the hell wants to pay $250 for that?

At the moment the best seats I can find are way the f**k up in the nosebleeds. Hellz no.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
I'll probably go IF there are still tickets available. Wife is from Chicago, and Soldier field is right downtown. Then again I'll make a "guys weekend" out of it. However, what surprises me is the ticket pricing AND selection:

ON FIELD SEATING - $250.

Is this a f**king joke? Yeah, b/c I want Brad Thorne tackling Todd Clever into me. Sounds like a f**kin awesome idea. On and has anyone watching a game at field level? It's TERRIBLE. Who the hell wants to pay $250 for that?

At the moment the best seats I can find are way the f**k up in the nosebleeds. Hellz no.

Bryan, it ist he AB, but it is in USA, Seats we be available. My guess is Soldiers is 40,000ish. Nosebleeds aren't so bad, you can watch play develop like behind goal in hockey

Nihil RFU

Referees in America
Post Likes
I'm going, and I talked my wife into attending her first rugby match.

Yes, corporate sponsors bought up a boatload of tix. My wife's cousin works for AIG. She was telling us that the All Blacks were coming into their office to perform the haka.