[6N] ARU referee Ireland V Italy

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Thought he had a good solid game. Friendly, approachable, good use of downtime to reinforce expectations and managed away penalties really well with proactive calls. :clap:

BikingBud

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
A breath of fresh air perchance. While he let the players play it might have been different had it been closer.

JohnP

Post Likes
He can hurdle well as well, had to jump a player rolling into his path for the Heaslip try just before half time. Thought he was pretty good

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
He can hurdle well as well, had to jump a player rolling into his path for the Heaslip try just before half time. Thought he was pretty good
I agree

DocY

Referees in England
Post Likes
I thought he did well. It's generally been a pretty poor tournament for referees, but it's shown that there isn't such a huge gap between the perceived 'top tier' and the rest (Garces and possibly Owens excluded).

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Glad to hear some good feedback on Gus Gardner's performance in the 6N.
He is becoming a good referee and obviously was on WR's radar last year getting a gig as an AR at the 2015RWC.
I was a bit anxious for him after his first 2 2016 Super Rugby games recently as the scrums were a bit ordinary and I felt he could have been tougher in those games to get compliance. I thought the NH guys may have seen bits from those 2 games and thought, "We'll dictate how we scrum to this bloke in the 6N".
Sounds like he did a good job.
Glen Jackson's day near the scrums was less convincing (being diplomatic there).

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Ian C,

How did Will Houston go in his first Super Rugby game with the whistle in the Crusaders game?