'Aussie' Steve Walsh gets final

chief

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Great news for all involved, having Walsh involved in the middle shows how by far and away the best he has been this year in Super Rugby.

It is no secret that when Walsh is performing the game is better for all involved. Just how a good ref should be.

Cave Dweller

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Cmon its clear they made him a Aussie just to give out that referee of the year trophy that was collecting dust there in the ARU's cabinet.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Sharks are definitely going to win this one then.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Cmon its clear they made him a Aussie just to give out that referee of the year trophy that was collecting dust there in the ARU's cabinet.

They sure as hell didn't have anyone else deserving of it!

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Because we're the better team:biggrin: Plus we "get on well" with Steve

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

In this world of appointing by merit it means that we have the best ref in SH :aus: So suck it up, Princess.

Seaton

Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
The Sharks are a fascinating team.

I will be highly annoyed if they win the competition in the first year of me not being present in SA. I'm a bad luck charm :(

Cave Dweller

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Sharks are chokers just like the Stormers but then again so are the Chiefs.

On the bright side the Competition will have a new Champion and I will refrain from making predictions as it tends to turn out the opposite.

In this world of appointing by merit it means that we have the best ref in SH :aus: So suck it up, Princess.

You know its embarrassing handing out rewards for your Super Rugby players when NZ and SA still have 2 matches to play init.....

Last edited:

Cave Dweller

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Because we're the better team:biggrin: Plus we "get on well" with Steve
That's a rather different song than when the Sharks played the Bulls a few years ago and Stevo was in the middle in that one...Though there were issues "outside of the playing enclosure" that might have contributed...

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

Quite possibly true but at least we will NEVER have a Bryce Lawrence! :rolleyes::buttkick:

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
We played very well on Saturday against the stormers and I liked the way Steve let us play. The only time I got annoyed was at a maul where Ryan had come through the middle, stopped to ask Steve if he was OK to get the ball carrier and he said nothing. Next action was to penalise Ryan. That's the only call I think he got wrong all game. He's certainly the best "freestyle" ref out there at the mo.

That's a rather different song than when the Sharks played the Bulls a few years ago and Stevo was in the middle in that one...Though there were issues "outside of the playing enclosure" that might have contributed...

Cave Dweller

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Obviously with the Crusaders out there is no point in giving Joubert the final....