Bath/Sharks - AR pushing water-carier

Decorily

Coach/Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Never a good idea to push anyone while acting as a match official....but having said that it seems the water carrier may have been acting in an inappropriate manner!
I still wouldn't recommend putting hands on in that way.

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
After all the heat in another discussion, one might hope that the difference between a TJ and an AR would be well understood. :(

mcroker

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
After all the heat in another discussion, one might hope that the difference between a TJ and an AR would be well understood. :(

fair! I knew what I meant...

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Poor communication by the match referee with the TMO. He repeatedly asked for foorage of Red 6, when he meant Red 9. He finally said Red 9 without realizing his earlier mistake, which made things clear for the TMO. The match clock has been stopped a full two minutes now partly because of his misdirection with the wrong number. 1:17:11 (timestamp) on the full match clip. He is oblivious as to why she’s taking so long. Doh!

He then went and spoke to *Red 6 saying the only thing that flared things up was you (?) flying in afterwards. *Jono Ross is team captain, but it still sounded like the referee had a confused recollection of events. The clear out on Faf de Klerk may not have been material, in terms of awarding the try, but I think the penalty could have gone the other way for the restart.

Last edited:

mcroker

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
He'd been allowing clear-outs like that all game

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
The Bath water carrier was trying to pull away one of his own team’s players.

Red 9 took exception to the Bath player lying on his leg after the clear out, preventing him from covering back. How immaterial is preventing a defender from following play, in the run in to a try?

Last edited: