Brumbies vs waratahs

JohnP

Post Likes
Just watching recording of this game and in 17 mins seen 2 bits of foul play not mentioned by commentators or picked up by ref.
Minute 5 approx just after a good backs move by Wthahs ruck to right of potch' Brumbies player on floor and in my view no where near the ball Wtahs 4 goes in off feet leading with shoulder into player on floor.

Minute 17 Brumbies break close to right hand touchline prop? Heading for line Wtahs player no arms cuts ball carrier off at knees no call from Peyper.
Both yellows in my view any one else got a view?

damo

Referees in New Zealand
Post Likes
Yes and there was another one 10 or so minutes later when a Waratah player dropped his shoulder into a Brumbies player who was prone on the ground at a ruck. Peyper also missed a very obvious high shot, though fortunately he got a call to go back and look at it on the big screen.

All in all I thought Peyper was very average - especially compared to Jackson who was excellent in the previous semi.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Peyper also missed an obvious and cynical ball killer by the Waratahs No. 4 (Potgeiter) when a Brumbies player (the guy with hair like George Speight) made a break down the right side. He was tackled just short, and then Potgeiter dived on top of the tackle, entering from the wrong side and flopping on top of the ball tackler. That close to the line, it was a nailed on YC, but didn't even get a PK.

I hope Peyper does not get the final.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
He's a dirty prick, that Potgeiter