Bryce Lawrence copping it from Mark Reason

Lex Hipkins

Post Likes
see latest blog by Mark Reason

http://www.therugbysite.com/blog_posts/198-it-is-time-to-blow-the-whistle-on-bryce-by-mark-reason

Didn't see the Reds v Crusaders game to comment .. but have to say his handling of the world cup games was to say the least inconsistent .. but should he be out as MR suggests?

And what about neutral refs for Super Rugby? HC manage it, although admittedly there are less distances to travel for games when for example a Welshman to referee a Scottish team against a French team.

irishref

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
re neutral refs in Super Rugby.

I must admit to not knowing how appointments to the total panel are made, but do they have a minimum requirement of number of refs from each nation, or is it purely merit based?

Obviously, if the number of refs is evenly spread between the 3 nations, you should be able to have a neutral ref at each game: ie a serth erfrican for any game featuring one or two teams from Aus & NZ etc etc.

But that would only work if numbers were even.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
re neutral refs in Super Rugby.

I must admit to not knowing how appointments to the total panel are made, but do they have a minimum requirement of number of refs from each nation, or is it purely merit based?

Obviously, if the number of refs is evenly spread between the 3 nations, you should be able to have a neutral ref at each game: ie a serth erfrican for any game featuring one or two teams from Aus & NZ etc etc.

But that would only work if numbers were even.
AIUI they decided to drop the requirement for neutral refs because there we not enough Australian referees at that level.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I find it ludicrous that a South African, Jaco Peyper, refereed the all NZ Hurricanes v Blues match on Friday night, a match that could easily have been refereed by BL while BL refereed the Crusaders v Reds game. Why on earth didn't they appoint JP to do that game instead?

That said, I take no notice of Mark Reason. The guy just hates New Zealanders and Australians.

Like father, like son.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
The voice of reason!

More like the voice of a Idiot.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Sometimes it's worth ignoring the messenger and looking at the message.

BL is not an Elite. The decision to take him and not Mark was the most ridiculous talent decision I've seen in a very long time

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
BL is not an Elite. The decision to take him and not Mark was the most ridiculous talent decision I've seen in a very long time

THIS!

Cave Dweller

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I find it ludicrous that a South African, Jaco Peyper, refereed the all NZ Hurricanes v Blues match on Friday night, a match that could easily have been refereed by BL while BL refereed the Crusaders v Reds game. Why on earth didn't they appoint JP to do that game instead?

That said, I take no notice of Mark Reason. The guy just hates New Zealanders and Australians.

Like father, like son.
I am a South African and I am restigered on that site with the username Spooony. I have been banned from one site for defending Bryce by using snapshots extracted from the videos. Unfortunately it did go against their slander podcast of Bryce Lawrence.

He was man enough to pick up his hand in the WC and said I made a few mistakes had a bad game. Everyone is human it happens to the best of them. From there on there have been a witch hunt. First Jonker where they bended the truth to make the headlines more soppier. Even that Kiwi Tony Johnstone had something to say where I went over there with my video and extracted images and explained it nicely. Dunno if he replied don't care.

But it has becoming a really sad habit of Australian teams to have a go at a referee if they lose by 3 or 4 points. But they were quiet when the teams lost by a big margin and the other one won their game. Mark Reason just jumped on the bankwagon.