Calf seems good!

Ovey

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
After almost a season suffering with pulled calves I had a fast-paced game on wednesday and went without mishap!

Having paid a visit to a podiatrist almost a month ago I was given some orthotic insoles and some calf exercises to do, as well as having Asics boots recommended to me (for the 10mm heel raise in them). I wore them for the game as well as some Skins powersox. The game on wednesday was a quick game, with a good standard of rugby on quite a boggy pitch and the calves seemed to stand up to the test! Whether it was a one off, or the combination of new boots/skins socks, insoles and exercises we'll have to wait and see - but it feels good to be injury free after a match!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Mine are ok ATM too.

I massage my calves with a lacrosse ball a la DrSTU's vids!

I also have some new boots (better support?) and wear orothotic in soles in my normal footwear anyway. As a contingency I have persuaded my son to study podiatry!!

Good health!

Beanz

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Mine are much better too.
Also now wear support socks and have changed to Asics boots!!!

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Glad to hear that. Get working on your feet, achilles (heel cord freedom) and hips if that's sorted.

Mine are ok ATM too.

I massage my calves with a lacrosse ball a la DrSTU's vids!

I also have some new boots (better support?) and wear orothotic in soles in my normal footwear anyway. As a contingency I have persuaded my son to study podiatry!!

Good health!