Camp Hill v. Solihull

PeterTC

Referees in England
Post Likes
Anyone know anything about these two sides? Apart from the fact they are separated by 1.4 miles?

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
i used to play for Camp Hill ....oh, in about 1998. When in Midlands 1, used to be a quick rucking fast running backs oriented team. Capt was a winger. Maroon and blue shirts. Clubhouse wasnt much to write home about.

PeterTC

Referees in England
Post Likes
Any history between the 2 sides (seeing as they are so close)?

Brian Ravenhill

Referees in England
Post Likes
Don’t want to put you off, but I have refereed both teams this year and they are vying for the worst game of the season. Bridgnorth vs Camphill a drawn game that ended with uncontested scrums, a level 6 game that the assessor said was at best a very poor level 7 skill levels of both sides worse than the schools game I did the Wednesday before.

Stafford vs Solihull. The worst game for discipline I have ever refereed. I had three in the bin in the first half (1 Solihull) the first two after only 4 minutes, and three off in the second (1 Solihull). Solihull very professional in their organisation as the coaches have come directly form the Bees.

You must take on each game with out prejudices. Keep your standards up, bring them up to your standards if you have to but don’t drop to their level. You can find out more about the strengths on http://www.rugbyroundup.com/statstreeMidlands.aspx

Let us know how you get on.

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
spoke to a ref from Solihull y'day. He wished you good luck ;-)......
he said the clubhouse is a dive but they look after you well, chap called Graham looks after the refs and he will make sure you leave there p1ssed!
Should be a humdinger !!

PeterTC

Referees in England
Post Likes
Errrrrrmmmmm, an "interesting" afternoon was had on my trip West, will write it all up soon in the match reports bit.