counter measure to pass behind

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Well guys thanks for taking my original question elsewhere.

I am looking for a defensive solution to the dummy or decoy runner. Right now, based on answers above. The counter I would encourage is to deliver a hard driving tackle to the unsuspecting decoy runner which may or may not include a forearm to the back gliding up the back to ensure the face contact the ground.(Is that material?) What is the downfall? 3 pts to 7pts.? a YC, big deal I'll just send a goon in after the 10 minutes are up.

I look at it this way nkw: if they dummy it well enough then you have to tackle the guy. you don't want to be the defender standing flat footed trying to decide if your opposite has the ball or not. just like a dummy switch - best to take them both.

in a premier match I had a side that was very skilled with dummy runners and would on occasion pass to the what was thought to be a dummy runner....the other side got burned and decided to tackle all the players involved when in doubt. I say if you fake it well enough to get them to bite then you better prepare for contact.

Account Deleted

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Well, I can understand that. My first name is Conor, the number of folks who spell it Connor, even after I've corrected them several times is quite astounding. That said it's not something that's ever particularly bothered me ; I've been called much worse. ;)

You cancall me whaat you like. Just spell it correctly!:shrug: