[Kit] COVID Whistle

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
I wouldn't.
I think it would be pretty uncomfortable if not impossible trying to run around like that and difficult to control whistle tone.
I remember one of my old colleagues trying to use a hand operated whistle.
Players were confused as hell, part of the refs toolkit is to start to raise the whistle to your mouth and players react and more importantly whistle tone.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
No.

And thankfully i won't have to.

Hopefully, for the first time in over a year, I will be officiating in some kind of role next Saturday 28th.
In about 40 degree heat.

buff

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Wearing something like that on a plastic pitch in the middle of a Montreal heat wave would be awful. I would either vomit into the mask and die, swallow the whistle and die, or do both and die.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Wearing something like that on a plastic pitch in the middle of a Montreal heat wave would be awful. I would either vomit into the mask and die, swallow the whistle and die, or do both and die.

If prone to dying in less than great circumstances, can I suggest that if you get a call from David St Hubbins, Derek Smalls, or Nigel Tufnell asking you to sit in on drums for a while, you should respectfully decline?

buff

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
If prone to dying in less than great circumstances, can I suggest that if you get a call from David St Hubbins, Derek Smalls, or Nigel Tufnell asking you to sit in on drums for a while, you should respectfully decline?
Very good advice indeed. But given that I am utterly without musical talent, I don't think I have to fear being invited to sit in that particular hot seat.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Very good advice indeed. But given that I am utterly without musical talent, I don't think I have to fear being invited to sit in that particular hot seat.

That never stopped anyone else in ver Tap

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
No.

And thankfully i won't have to.

Hopefully, for the first time in over a year, I will be officiating in some kind of role next Saturday 28th.
In about 40 degree heat.

Well done and congratulations on using Celsius (assuming you did). :)

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
I would like that comment if there were a Like button

Decorily

Coach/Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Those masks remind me of something. ....

Oh yeah. ...leggings!