Definitive list of S14 law "application/views"

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
so i'm looking for intent to maintain feet I guess. just see too many dives if you ask me.
Perhaps one indicator of intent is what they do immediately after falling over. If that was not their intent, then surely they would immediately try to get up again.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Perhaps one indicator of intent is what they do immediately after falling over. If that was not their intent, then surely they would immediately try to get up again.

Bray said something similar to that on the radio this evening,

This is what they are looking for. A "cleaner outer" drives a player near the ball over

If he just lays there and is affecting play - ping!
If he gets up and retires onside - play on!

Last edited:

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

I wished - maybe if I wave a cheesburger above their head they may consider getting up for it?:D

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
If he just lays there and is affecting play - ping!
If he gets up and retires onside - play on!

I can live with that. I hope I'm good enough to spot it and remember to wait a second or 2 before putting whistle to mouth.:eek: Something to work on this season.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I can live with that. I hope I'm good enough to spot it and remember to wait a second or 2 before putting whistle to mouth.:eek: Something to work on this season.

Or as Wayne barnes put it at our Society meeting; say to yourself "Do I need to blow this offence", by the time you have said that in your head, if he hasn't moved, ping him.

Looking for a reason "not to blow", where have I heard that before?