They are carrying Super Rugby again this year. Set your DVR

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Looks like someone's going to spending time in the basement:biggrin:

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
I may have to switch to direct tv. I have heard it's a pain overall though...have you found it to be consistent?

eric - we need to find out which form of tv (cable v satellite) is more freedom orientated and less government eh?

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
What channel?

I need to see if FIOS have it....

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
It is not any assigned channel. Just 490. Jamo, I have never had any issues with them. Regarding the government, you and I both know they monitor everything.

- - - Updated - - -

As I look at that post for spelling errors, I now realize why we need a seperate forum. The Euros would go nuts if they read about the government monitoring our TVs.

pwhaling

Referees in America
Post Likes
Isn't satellite unidirectional or is that just what they want us to believe

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
yea...lets talk about the real world and misspell and mispronounce words....

I am going to check it out...or figure out how to hook my computer to my tv via wireless

pwhaling

Referees in America
Post Likes
ddjamo:232844 said:
yea...lets talk about the real world and misspell and mispronounce words....

I am going to check it out...or figure out how to hook my computer to my tv via wireless

This should work:
http://www.diamondmm.com/wpctv1080h-vstream-wireless-usb-pc-to-tv-at-1080p-wpctv1080h.php

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I'll stick to recorded DVDs.

One coach I work with DVRs anything rugby-related, and is willing to copy DVDs for anyone who asks.

One way to dodge the government Big Data.

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
I'll stick to recorded DVDs.

One coach I work with DVRs anything rugby-related, and is willing to copy DVDs for anyone who asks.

One way to dodge the government Big Data.

there are plenty of torrent sites out there...guys upload the matches an hour after completion

smeagol

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
there are plenty of torrent sites out there...guys upload the matches an hour after completion

If I can catch it live, then I try to stream it. Otherwise, I wait for the DVD and watch it on a flatscreen TV.

Nihil RFU

Referees in America
Post Likes
I may have to switch to direct tv. I have heard it's a pain overall though...have you found it to be consistent?

eric - we need to find out which form of tv (cable v satellite) is more freedom orientated and less government eh?
I have no complaints with DirecTV.

Reindeer Flotilla

Referees in America
Post Likes
In the US, DirecTV is the only way to go for rugby. You get BBC America (6 Nations), Channel 490 (Super Rugby, Rugby Championship), Fox Soccer Plus (Aviva Premiership, RaboDirect Pro 12, Heineken Cup), Universal Sports (7s, and some USA Eagles tests), and BeIN Sports HD (fall internationals on delay). No other US provider provides anything remotely approaching that.

I suffer maybe 4 outages a year due to weather.

Nihil RFU

Referees in America
Post Likes
In the US, DirecTV is the only way to go for rugby. You get BBC America (6 Nations), Channel 490 (Super Rugby, Rugby Championship), Fox Soccer Plus (Aviva Premiership, RaboDirect Pro 12, Heineken Cup), Universal Sports (7s, and some USA Eagles tests), and BeIN Sports HD (fall internationals on delay). No other US provider provides anything remotely approaching that.

I suffer maybe 4 outages a year due to weather.
Outages have never been a problem for my DirecTV, and I live in the sticks where the power and internet drop all the time. Very good connection. One caveat, however, Fox Soccer+ and Universal Sports cost extra.

You are right, though. For rugby, it is the only choice.

Stoo48

Referees in America
Post Likes
I'm too tight to pay the extra subscription costs for all of the above channels.

BurritoKing

Referees in America
Post Likes
I tend to google "VIPsportsbox". If you find the correct link, they do have live rugby free for those of us who pay for internet but not for DirecTV