Durham Exchange - 13th October

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
I'm off on exchange to Durham Society on 13th October to do Wallsend vs. North Shields (level 8). Anyone got any information?

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I lived in Wallsend 'til was 4 and I was born in North Shields.

Happy to help!

Last edited:

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
I used to play for North Shields:biggrin:

That's a nice little local derby so expect some tension but nothing too harsh. Judging by a quick look at the team I'd expect some good forward work.

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
I lived in Wallsend 'til was 4 and I was born in North Shields.

Happy to help!

Thanks mate! :p

I used to play for North Shields:biggrin:

That's a nice little local derby so expect some tension but nothing too harsh. Judging by a quick look at the team I'd expect some good forward work.

I'm fully expecting local rivalries with this match, hopefully it won't be too intense! Really looking forward to the match.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Thanks mate! :p

I'm fully expecting local rivalries with this match, hopefully it won't be too intense! Really looking forward to the match.

Also they are in Northumberland not Durham.

Looks like the ground will be nice and soft too.

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
It's been changed to Whitley Bay Rockcliff vs. Barnard Castle. Any information?

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
How did it go? Find the place alright?

Yeah finding it was no problem, walked out of the Metro station and there was a nice sign directing me to the club!

Game was enjoyable to referee, ended 45-29 so lots of open rugby. The assessor had good points for me to work on in the debrief. The club was very welcoming and all these things combined made it a very enjoyable trip! Onwards to London again this weekend!

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
who do you have this time?

RLRef1984

Referees in England
Post Likes
Yeah finding it was no problem, walked out of the Metro station and there was a nice sign directing me to the club!

Game was enjoyable to referee, ended 45-29 so lots of open rugby. The assessor had good points for me to work on in the debrief. The club was very welcoming and all these things combined made it a very enjoyable trip! Onwards to London again this weekend!

You weren't the guy oj the.RFU jacket looking slightly confused on Central Station metro concourse at about 12 when the announvement that some of the Metros weren't in operation?

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
You weren't the guy oj the.RFU jacket looking slightly confused on Central Station metro concourse at about 12 when the announvement that some of the Metros weren't in operation?

I wasn't. I got into Newcastle at about 12:40 but I did look quite confused when I found that out. I also had a kit bag with wheels.

Where are you this weekend?

Honourable Artillery Company RFC. Right in the middle of London. It will be good as it means I can pop in to see my sister before the match!

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
ah, the HAC. never played rugby there, but have played cricket.

great venue.

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
ah. in which case i know nothing of their ground!