Electronic match cards

Pablo

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
My first league game in ages this weekend, and first since RFU-land went digital. What is the referee’s responsibility re: electronic match cards in this brave new world? Have the days of collecting them pre-match, then signing and returning them with score completed post-match completely gone? In short, do I have to engage with match cards at all any more?

Thanks!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
My first league game in ages this weekend, and first since RFU-land went digital. What is the referee’s responsibility re: electronic match cards in this brave new world? Have the days of collecting them pre-match, then signing and returning them with score completed post-match completely gone? In short, do I have to engage with match cards at all any more?

Thanks!

In short No.
Just keep a record of the score...just in case.
There is nothing to do after the game....or before it as far as team cards go.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I've done some league games this year and haven't had anything to do with the EMC.

I was asked if I agreed the score was X (3 tries) v Y (5 tries) and said yes.

I assume the teams sort it themselves.

We were advised by our Society to keep our score cards for a week or so if an issue arose later.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
We have no input.
Bizarrely today I had coach contact me to say we've put the wrong brother on the Emc, what do we do?.
No idea was my reply.
I'm happy that it was a genuine mistake and no attempt to do anything dodgy.
The league secretarys however may have a different view

Pablo

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Match came and went without a hitch. As you said, no interaction with match card beyond confirming scores and tries. Good to have one less bit of admin to do! Thanks all for the advice ahead of the game.