End of season wash up.

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Well thats my second full 15's season nearly complete for the Edinburgh Society which started with a Level 9 friendly on the 04th August 2012 and finishing with a Level 5 national league game on the 28th April 2013, close to a 9 month season due to the weather.

Brief summary of games involved in this season and some highlights:

Level 9 - 10
Level 8 - 10
Level 7 - 11 - 1 on exchange to Scottish Borders, 1 x U16 regional final
Level 6 - 2 - 1 on exchange to Darlington - North One East
Level 5 - 3 - 1 x HS 1st XV, 1 x SRU Reserve National 1 league

AR Appointments - all To3 and mic'd up.

Level 7 - 4 - 3 x Scotland U16 (AR1) 1 x Regional Select U16 XV (AR1)
Level 6 - 2 - 1 x Scottish Uni Final (AR1) 1 x Regional Select U18 XV (AR1)

Toal mileage for season - 1023.8 miles.

10 YC and 1 RC to date.

6 ref coach assesments, 2 games videod for analysis and SRU junior referee academy nomination for next season.

Still have a half dozen 7's and 10's tournements with the Edinburgh society and some more with the Army society to be involved with so ive had a pretty varied and interesting season and already looking ahead to a well deserved break then get back into it.

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Nice work! I'm thinking of doing a similar kind of summary to this once mine is over, got 3-4 more games yet though. You've definitely put some miles in!

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Gets you through your PFT buddy.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Level 9 to level 5 in on season is good going - at at rate you'll be doing internationals in a year... :)

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Level 9 to level 5 in on season is good going - at at rate you'll be doing internationals in a year... :)

Well as it stands ive done 3 club internationals this season, all be it touring teams but im claiming my internationals!! lol 2 Canadians and a Swiss team.

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Thanks OB and Davet for your comments, however a word of caution from me, I know for definate that the Darlington exchange was graded Lvl 6 RFU land, however some of the Scottish numbers vary from what they maybe compare to down to in England. The Lvl 5's I have completed in Scotland were of a similar standard to the Darlo game, this coming Saturday is another Lvl 5 game, National 1 reserve league, so will be able to give a better comparison after that.

Im only going off my levels up here and should of put a caveat of that in my initial OP. It definately helped me changing my body shape and since the start of the season ive lost around 10 - 12 kilos from my frame, but having the time off from the army on a Wednesday to take uni games etc is a definate benefit.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Wednesday the "sports afternoon"

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Wednesday the "sports afternoon"

Haha aye DM, Wednesday afternoons now consist of refereeing a Uni game or what ever else is available, work are happy as not sat in someones bedspace on a skive!!

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Roger out on that one buddy. Trying to get a prosthetic 22 together in Colchester for a charity do. Just waiting for my recovery officer to come back off leave to read his email.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Ya see it can be done. Just linked the recovery officer into that. Lets not include DLA into it.