Exchange Time

sgoat

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Am off to the East Midlands tomorrow for an exchange.

Leighton Buzzard vs Dunstablians

From what I can gather it should be a good game. Both teams are quite local and are close in the table (both won 1, lost 3).

I know the post is a bit late, hey I have been helping to organising freshers week for the college (they all arrive tomorrow), any local knowledge on the forum?

My L7 colleague will be doing Peterborough Lions vs Towcestrians.

Getting there will be fun. As I have no car the route is Durham > Kings Cross > Euston > Leighton Buzzard. If all goes well 4 hours, but there is another hour spare for 'leaves on the line', etc.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Their mascot would be ......

Last edited:

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
DickieE

That's a vulture not a buzzard.

gallerypopup.asp

PaulDG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Getting there will be fun. As I have no car the route is Durham > Kings Cross > Euston > Leighton Buzzard. If all goes well 4 hours, but there is another hour spare for 'leaves on the line', etc.

LB club is quite a way from LB station. Do you have a lift arranged?

sgoat

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Hopefully, they offered but I have not been able to make contact today to confirm. I will be ringing while on the train down!

PaulDG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Hopefully, they offered but I have not been able to make contact today to confirm. I will be ringing while on the train down!

Your assessor is likely to be driving down from Northampton. You could contact him if you can't get through to the club.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I am off to East Midlands NEXT week. 10th Oct 2009

Westwood vs St Ives - L9 apparently?

What about them? :chin:

I'm off on the train - Docaster to Peterboro' = 45 mins - then cadge lift or taxi

sgoat

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Dont wish to disappoint your colleague but Tows are away at Leicester Forest and Lions are away to Lutterworth! Best check www.eastmidsrefs.com

Yes you're right. It seems he is now doing Huntingdon & District vs Aylestone St James.

Have just left York Station.

Paul, thanks for the PM, I had an email from him but didn't have that number.

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
should be a cracker ... very intense local derby .. no love lost.
similar colours ... watch out ...
i'm at bedford school .. as herts couldnt appoint me ... so many games off.

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
i am 25 miles away .. if i finish early i shall drive down to watch ... a421.
may even offer a lift back.... if you are any good (!!).

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
i'm at bedford school ..
My alma mater, of course. Interested to hear how it goes. They are publicising games heavily among OBs this season.

sgoat

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Well I have just left Kings Cross. Am in the quiet coach with a load of drunk old ladies talking loudly.:mad: The OAPs these days, just no consideration, yobs! :biggrin:

A really good game, 31-5 to the home side. A local derby that was simmering all the way through, but did not boil over thankfully, assessor seemed happy.

Objectives were to ensure I was in a better position on the A-line to enable me to move quickly to the next phase. I had become trapped a bit recently on the blindside. This I think was achieved nearly all the time.

Second objective was to manage repeat infringements a bit better. I am not spotting trends quickly enough. Still working on this one. I identified but gave the skipper a warning after 2 and another warning after 2 more, and then binned on the next PK, 23 mins in. Could/should have been after the first warning. Penalty count of 26 plus 3 FK meant the YC did not really have an effect.

Both teams were content and I enjoyed the game. A long way to go, but a successful exchange methinks.

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
just missed you .. excuses .. but i have just got a new sat nav which took me all over the place .. got to LB, met the assessor .. he said you had just left... may be next time you are in the area

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
Bedford beat Abingdon. But i refereed the 2s. not very good skills .. wouldnt listen to me at the breakdown so 2x ycs .. Abingdon did listen, Abingdon won 20-17.

sgoat

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
just missed you .. excuses .. but i have just got a new sat nav which took me all over the place .. got to LB, met the assessor .. he said you had just left... may be next time you are in the area

Train was at 6.30, so I left just after 6. Certainly next time.

Abingdon did listen, Abingdon won
Sounds like my games for the last two weeks!

big fish

Referees in England
Post Likes
I am off to East Midlands NEXT week. 10th Oct 2009

Westwood vs St Ives - L9 apparently?

What about them? :chin:

I'm off on the train - Docaster to Peterboro' = 45 mins - then cadge lift or taxi

did St Ives vs St Neots yesterday, very close tense derby won 17-15 by St Neots. Won in second half by St Neots going up the hill and against the wind!
St Ives played well, just didnt use the elements as effectively as they could. Should be a good one over at Westwood.

sgoat

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Well it is exchange time for me again tomorrow. :hap:

Ilkley vs Carlisle. Slightly easier journey this time round. Train to Leeds and then another on to Ilkley. 9 vs 14 although it is a long trip for Carlisle. I have done Carlisle already this season, but unfortunately they were on the end of a hammering from league leaders Billingham, so it will be interesting to see them in what will hopefully be a more matched game.

Hopefully I am being assessed, I haven't heard from them yet. Does anyone from Yorkshire know if the appointments system has both assessor and ref on it. (Following on from the other thread!)

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
don't all exchanges get assessed?