Feed at scrum

Rushforth

Referees in Holland
Post Likes
I notice that thee has been no comment about the SA #9 putting the ball in slightly askew. Besides the comment of bcm666, that is, who was not afraid to call it.

How fast are #9s travelling relative to the field of play that they need to use relativistic interpretations at scrum time?

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
I notice that thee has been no comment about the SA #9 putting the ball in slightly askew. Besides the comment of bcm666, that is, who was not afraid to call it.

How fast are #9s travelling relative to the field of play that they need to use relativistic interpretations at scrum time?

The bait has been place on the hook and the line cast. Now it is just a waiting game.:wink:

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
The RFU once defined "straight" as having some part of the ball over the mid-line.

Pragmatically, if the hooker has to hook the ball it is usually straight enough - and a lot better than it used to be.

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
The RFU once defined "straight" as having some part of the ball over the mid-line.

Pragmatically, if the hooker has to hook the ball it is usually straight enough - and a lot better than it used to be.

Not sure if it was something from the ARU or IRB (will go hunting), but it was a ball length each side of the midline of the scrum, with some part of the ball within that area considered a straight feed.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
couldn't have been the ARU, because I saw it once, "a part of the ball to hit the middle line of the scrum"or something similar .....can't find where - someone? anyone?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I saw it in an RFU PowerPoint presentation from one of our RFU trainers several years ago.